ᑎIᑎE

Yamada-san almost didn't allow me to confront Kaori because of what I almost did. Yes, I admit that it's so unprofessional of me to deal with the situation, but I regret nothing.

I recall the events of the previous minutes as I rest against the hallway wall with my arms folded over my chest.

Matching tattoos.

After I interrogated Kaori again about Bonten, she didn't talk at first but, to my surprise, she revealed they have a specific tattoo.

She mentioned to me those aren't just any matching tattoos. That symbol is linked to their former boss, and it has been tattooed on each member's body in different spots.

According to her, the appearance of it is like a thin vertical rectangle and it cuts in the middle that curves one side, and a small circle above it. I'm not sure whether this is accurate because she said she couldn't describe how it looks.

So, it's more like an organization tattoo.

Even though this is the only leak she addressed to me, I'm glad she's gradually revealing them. It's better to have little than nothing. Maybe someday she'll surrender and confess everything she witnessed inside Bonten.

"Still not giving up, aren't ya?" a voice suddenly appeared. I turn to where it's coming from.

Shit. It's him

Fucking disgusting face.

I turned my head to the person standing motionless while leaning against the wall, his hands in his pockets. My mood tensioned since I imagined I'd be joyful forever after years of not seeing him.

I rolled my eyes and continue to ignore him.

"Bastard, don't you dare roll your eyes on me." he barks.

"First of all, know some respect" I replied roughly "Second, what do you want?"

"Nothing." he gave a lopsided grin "Just wanted to greet my former friend and ranking opponent."

"Sure, go ahead and bring up something you've never moved on." I snickered "And we're never friends."

"Of course, I'll never get over that incident, I'm more deserving of that title than you."

"Well sadly, it's not my fault if it was given to a woman like me," I boasted.

His misogynistic ego can't accept that I've risen through the ranks, becoming the commander of my former team, until now.

"You'll never get an intel from Bonten, women think slower than men,"

"How did I plan on capturing someone connected to Bonten if that's the case?" I taunted, standing up straight and boldly crossing my arm.

"But, not Bonten themselves." he smug. "You failed at first, you even got your comrades killed."

My brows drew together. My arms crossed even more tightly, and my hands are balling into fist.

"Maybe if I got to be placed as the commander, the operation to arrest Bonten would have been completed by now" he continued to taunt. "And... they wouldn't have died."

I clenched my jaw as my fist clasped so hard that a mark was forming a curve line because of my sunken nails in my palm. This man is getting on my nerve.

How dare he!

How dare he criticized Naoto's plan!

I was about to contend but I can't show any trigger to him because I'm sure make use of it in the future.