003. ━ new job

season three // episode one[ new job ]

[ new job ]

𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 at the hospital when her phone rang. She looked down at the contact and frowned at the sight, answering with a sigh. "Adam," she said. "For the last time, the answer is no."

"Abby..." She rolled her eyes. "Please. You know I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate."

"And you know that isn't true," she retorted, shaking her head. "You know I would do anything for you, Adam, I have, but I can't keep doing this."

"Please," he begged, sounding desperate. "I—I really need your help. I put all of my money into this investment and it failed. Please, I... I don't have anything."

Abby shrugged, pressing her lips together. "Well, welcome to the real world. You have to stop lying to me, Adam."

"Please."

"I'm saying no!" The elevator doors opened and she stepped off. "I'm sorry but I have to go."

"Wait!" She sighed, stopping outside of Richard's office. "I promise, Abby, I'm telling you the truth. You have to believe me."

She scoffed. "That's the issue, Adam," she said, shaking her head. "Because you haven't given me many opportunities to believe you. It's lie after lie. And every time I think you might be telling the truth, it turns out to be another lie."

"Abby..."

She let out a breath. "Do you remember the very thing that fractured our relationship?" she asked. "The event you caused that put us in this very situation?"

"I know," he whispered. "And I'll never stop saying sorry. Just, please, please, believe me this one time. Help me and I'll never bother you again."

Abby closed her eyes and her hand reached up for the locket around her neck. She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "I'm sorry. The answer is no."

She turned off her phone and knocked on the office door. "Come in!" Abby walked into the room and smiled at the man. "Ah, Dr. Thompson, hello. I hope the flight here was good."

She nodded with a shrug. "Well, I got here in one piece so I see that as a success."

He chuckled lightly. "Of course. And I can't tell you how happy I am that you accepted our offer to work here."

"Thank you for the offer," she replied with a smile.

"Now." Richard cleared his throat. "All that's left for you to do is sign the paperwork, get your badge, and you are officially a surgeon at Seattle Grace Hospital."

Abby turned her head when she heard a knock on the door. Adele Webber walked in and saw her husband sitting at his desk. "Richard."

"Adele." He smiled. "Wonderful timing. This is Dr. Abigail Thompson, our newest neurosurgeon."