007. ━ camping

season three // episode seven[ camping ]

[ camping ]

𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 that she could forgive easily. For so many years, she had not given Adam the time of the day to ever explain himself — though in that instance, she felt extremely justified in her feelings.

To her, it felt as though everybody she ever became friends with eventually pushed her over the edge; so far that she couldn't return.

Of course, she's acknowledged to herself that holding a grudge for so many years might not be the healthiest thing for a person to do, but that hasn't stopped her.

It had been nearly three weeks since Derek Shepherd and Abigail Thompson had spoken a single word to each other; well... more like since Abby had spoken to Derek.

Abby currently stood at the nurse's station, looking over her patient's chart before handing it off to an intern. Mark stood next to her, continuously poking her in the ribs with his pen. "Will you cut that out?" she snapped out of frustration, looking at the plastics surgeon. Mark smiled at her outburst and put the pen in his pocket. "What are you smiling about?"

"I got you to talk," he said with a shrug. "That means I did my job as your friend. See ya."

Abby narrowed her eyes and watched him go. She twiddled her pen in between her fingers before following him only for Burke's voice to stop her.

"Thompson." She looked back at him. "Glad I caught you. I know we don't know each other that well, but I was wondering if you wanted to go camping."

"'Camping'?" she repeated slowly. "Like... the sleeping outdoors, cooking around a fire, sleeping in a thin tent... camping?"

"That's the one."

She hummed to herself. "Why? Like you said, we don't know each other that well. How do I know you aren't just luring me out into the woods to axe murder me?"

"Well, then that would be breaking my oath as a doctor," he replied. "And I like my job. And I just thought that you'd like to get to know us a bit better. We leave tomorrow if you decide you want to come."

He started walking away. "Alright." He glanced back at her and she shrugged. "I have nothing better to do. What time?"

"Eight," he said. "In front of the hotel."

Abby nodded at the cardio surgeon before turning on her heel and walking toward the neuro department. "Huh..."

___________________________

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐈𝐌?" 𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐘 asked the next morning. Per Burke's instructions, she was waiting outside of the hotel only to find him getting out of the car with Derek Shepherd. "You didn't mention that the camping trip was with him."