vii. haunted hotel

The school bus pulled into the Motel Glen Capri and Lorelei immediately felt a shift in the air

She didn't know what it was about it. Maybe the neon lights to signal drivers of the Motel or the dirty walls or maybe it's the small, cold breeze in the air almost like a calm before a storm.

"I've seen worse." Isaac muttered, moving to stand right beside Lorelei. The blonde turned her head to look up at Isaac, her brows furrowed.

"Where have you seen worse?" She questioned and Isaac, keeping his eyes on the building in front of him, pursed his lips and shrugged.

When Coach blew his whistle to gain the students attention, Lorelei rolled her eyes at Isaac, turning to the man.

"Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely." Coach said before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a handful of red room keys.

Isaac walked towards the Coach to grab a key as Allison walked up from behind Lorelei. As she passed her, Allison put a hand on Loreleis should, silently saying they could room.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!" Coach yelled.

Lorelei's gaze fell back onto the motel and a chill immediately went down her spine. She felt someone walk up beside her. Without even turning her head she knew it was Lydia from the smell of her perfume.

"I'm getting a bad vibe from this place." Lorelei whispered to the red head next to her and Lydia let out a breath of air, side stepping a bit closer to her. "Glad you feel it too."

"Lorelei? Lydia?" Allison called out from a couple yards ahead of the girls, stopping when she realized they weren't behind her.

"I don't like this place." Lydia muttered, her eyes not even turn to Allison, staying on the hotel.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night." Allison chuckled out, hoping to lighten her friends moods but neither of them changed their demeanor, Lydia slowly shook her head. "A lot can happen in one night."

...

As soon as the girls entered their hotel room, Lorelei could not shake the smell of cigarettes out of her nose. It was as if it was coming through the air vents.

Feeling gross after the long bus ride, Lorelei decided on taking a shower.

The smell worsened when she was in the bathroom and as soon as she had gotten out of the shower and started to dry herself, she realized the smell had been coming from the towels. Lorelei coughed, putting the towel away from her and back on the rack, deciding she'd rather put on her fresh clothes while she was still soaking wet than using the towel.