𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

════ ・༺༒༻・ ════

════ ・༺༒༻・ ════

Grey sky was crying tears of Zeus that afternoon. People were all wearing black. There was no sign of color or laughter around but sadness and most of all, fear. The fear was one of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy's who were painfully aware that Pandora Lovegood's death was caused by her, said illness, which was the very same one their sweet Lucy has.

The fact that Seraphina and Abraxas Malfoy had agreed to give their daughter a burial was surprising to many. Everyone knew of Pandora's betrayal when she left her family for Xenophilius Lovegood and how she has not seen her family since running off with him.

Narcissa Malfoy never got to really know her sister-in-law but was familiar with the situation of a disowned family member — her family did that for sports. She looked down at her young daughter of seven years whose blonde and curly hair was in two braids. Lucy Malfoy was pure perfection to her parents who adored her to heavens and back. She was kind, gentle, funny and witty, and practically everything one could hope for a daughter.

But she was sick much like her aunt had been.

"Mama, where does Pandora go now?" Lucy asked her mother, lifting her chin up to meet her mother's dark brown eyes which were much like her own.

"I don't know, love, but she will be alright," said Narcissa softly and ran her hand over Lucy's head.

Lucy just nodded at her mother before turning to look ahead where Pandora's white coffin was being prepared to go underground. With her gaze, Lucy scanned the crowd. She knew some of the people like her grandparents and some of their acquaintances. Her parents' friends were there, Severus Snape included.

A tall man with almost white hair stood on the other side of the coffin, his eyes emptily staring at the coffin of Pandora Lovegood. He was holding a small child in his arms who couldn't be older than a few months.

"Who is that mama?" Lucy asked once again but knew better than not to point at the man and child.

"That my dear, is the man who your aunt left us for," said Seraphina Malfoy, Lucy's paternal grandmother, as she took her place next to her granddaughter and daughter-in-law.

Narcissa grimaced at the harshness of Seraphina's voice and wondered how could a mother be so cold and emotionless at their own child's burial.

"I don't think we need to repeat all that to Lucy..." said Narcissa as calmly as she could, guiding her daughter closer to her.

"It's better to teach them young than too late," Seraphina said briskly and turned to look at Narcissa. "Besides, I would think that how I speak of my dead child is the least of your concerns."

Lucy felt her mother tightening her hold of her hand.

"Mother," said Lucius and placed his hand firmly on his mother's shoulder. "Let's not do this now."