001. lucy knew

════ ・༺༒༻・ ════

════ ・༺༒༻・ ════

Lucy knew she was going to die. She didn't know when or how but she knew it was going to happen. It was going to happen and while she didn't know how, she was sure it was not of old age. She thought she would feel sad for knowing such a thing but for some reason, she didn't. She didn't feel fear but only regret for she's lived a boring and sheltered life.

To escape her life, Lucy Malfoy has found comfort and adventures in books. She loves to read about dangerous adventures, heartbreak and happiness as she's never had those herself and never will. Of course she was loved by her family and most importantly by her parents — which eventually was the root to all of her problems. It was a bit selfish of Lucy to wish that sometimes, and only sometimes, that parents didn't love her quite as much as they did. Perhaps then she could have a life of her own outside the four walls that have began to swallow her whole. 

Lucy blamed Pandora Lovegood. She had died because of a spell gone wrong or so the public thought. The truth behind Pandora's death was much more simple and less adventures. It was true that she loved to experiment with spells but it was not a spell that killed her but a centuries long condition which ran in the female lineage of Malfoy name.

It hasn't affect everyone and very generously always skipped a generation since the condition was set upon the family.

Until the birth of Lucy.

It had been a shock to everyone and Lucy could remember how her paternal grandmother thought Lucy ended up with the condition because she had broken a generations old tradition — she was born a girl. While there's been girls in the family line over the generations, Lucy was the first one to be the firstborn daughter.

Lucy thought about death once more and made a decision there and then.

She gracefully made her way downstairs where she knew breakfast was waiting for her just like every single morning for nearly two decades. Taking a seat from the head of the table, she folded a napkin on her lap and reached for her cup of coffee.

"How did you sleep?" Millicent Malfoy entered the dining hall with such elegance one can never seem to forget.

"Quite well actually," said Lucy and glanced at her great-aunt who sat on the place on her left side. "Better than in ages."

Millicent nodded, a small frown appearing between her brows.

"Since when are you so preppy at this hour?" Wondered Millicent when she saw the gleam of happiness and confidence in Lucy's dark eyes which the girl had inherited from her mother.

"I just have a good feeling about this day," answered Lucy. "There's nothing wrong with that, I hope."

"Of course not," agreed Millicent. "You just aren't so happy, usually."