Chapter 51

Kol's POV

"You're what?!" I shout at Melanie.

"I'm mates with Damon." She says quietly.

"Are you kidding me?!" I bellow waving my arms about when a idea popped into my head. I smirk at Melanie and she gulps. I rush in front of her and compel her saying,

"You will love me and only me. Forget Damon is your mate and love only me."

"Only you." She repeats in a trance and then shakes her head. She looks at me and smiles.

"Hey Kol babe. So what did you want to see me about?" She asks clueless of the compulsion.

"I wanted to see if you would go on a road trip with me?" I ask. I need to get us out of this town.

"I'm not sure. What about my friends?"

"Just let them know you'll be away for a while." I shrug.

"How long are we going to be gone?" She asks.

"A few months." I say. She looks taken back and she sighs.

"Yeah. When are we going?" She smiles.

"As soon as possible. Go home and pack." She nods, kisses me and then walks out. I'm going to turn her into a vampire with the compulsion so she would be sired to me. I smirk and go upstairs to pack. This is going to be one fun trip.

Mel's POV

I walk home and as soon as I'm in, I go to my room. I pack all my clothes, mostly all my black clothes, my curler, my makeup, shoes and any other essentials especially chains because the full moon is soon and I need to be somewhere to chain myself up. Someone clears their throat behind me and I turn to see Damon.

"Hey Damon. What's up?" I continue packing when he turns me around and goes to kiss me. I pull back and look at him seeing hurt in his eyes.

"What are you doing Damon?" I ask confused and hurt that he would do something like this.

"What do you mean? Did last night mean nothing to you?" He asks.

"Damon. I was here last night. Why would you try to make me think that I was somewhere else?" I ask looking into his eyes.

"Don't mess around Melanie. We kissed last night. We said we loved eachother."

"Damon. I love Kol and only him. I'm sorry." I say.

"We kissed Melanie! Good damn it! Why can't you remember? You were with me last night then you said this morning you had to go somewhere and now you're acting like this. Melanie. I'm your mate." He begs.

"Damon. I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you imagined that. I need to get back to packing." I walk over to my 3 suitcases and zip them up. I walk down the stairs and see Jeremy stood by the door. He ran to me and me being me expected him to hug me but he didn't... He slapped me.

"How could you? I thought that you loved Elena." He spits.

"Jer. What are you on about?"

"Elena told us everything. How you left her before she died." He growls. I look at him with shock and hurt.

"Why would you believe her, Jer? Do you want to know what she said to me when we had died and I was about to save her? She told me she hated me and never loved me! Trying having be told that by your twin! I'm leaving with Kol." I go to walk out but Damon blocks my way.
"Damon. Move." I say.
"No. Why are you leaving with Kol?" He asks curiously.
"Because I love him. He wants to take my on a road trip. Goodbye Damon." I mutter a spell and make him move out the way. I walk out the door and get into Kol's car that he was in. I kiss him on the lips and he starts driving. I look out the window and feel my eyes droop. I let them close and I fall into darkness.