Chapter 98

Melanie's POV
After the encounter with Damon and Emma, I realised that I want to get back home. I just don't know how. I shift back to human form and sigh. I need to find a way out of here. I have to find a way out of here. I start looking around and try to find a key or something helpful. I go to turn when something sparkles on a tree. I run over and find an actual key in the tree. I dig around it and after 10 minutes, it falls. I wonder how everyone is. Lillian... I miss her. I miss everyone. I pick up the key but it disappears. A note takes its place.
'You will never escape. -G'
Who is G? What the hell? I'm never escaping from here. Tears form and I collapse crying. I want to go home. I feel someone's hand on my shoulder and I gasp, moving away. I look up and see Damon. I hug him and cry into his shoulder.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Damon. I can't wake up. Look." I show him the note and tears form in his eyes which then fall one after the other.
"No! This can't be true." He says sobbing.
"I'm sorry Damon. Just go. Move on. Ok?" I ask wiping my eyes.
"I can't move on from you Melanie. You're my everything."
"Then forget about me. Find someone better." I say pleading. He moves away and disappears. I will always love you.