chapter four: never again

It took longer than I had hoped to kill the dracaena. Before the dust of her had even settled I was running toward the trees, but before I could get under cover of the forest a swarm of Stymphalian birds surrounded me. I was fighting them up until Percy's swirl of water came by and destroyed them. I took a moment to look around and I realized that we had already made it through three attacks in only a few moments, mostly because of Percy's mini hurricane. my heart filled with pride for my amazing boyfriend, but that pride reminded me of what I was out to do. and I didn't waste any more time and ran into the woods at full speed hoping to get to him before he did something too stupid. 

PERCY'S POV:

  I fought several Laestrygon giants, a couple of sphinxes, and more automatons than I wasn't going to even try to count. they all died pretty easily. it's funny how years ago fighting those things would have been difficult and terrifying, but now they took almost none of my strength, almost. 

  I was losing my breath; sweat was soaking the front of my shirt. I just finished off a difficult Laestrygon demon who decided to bring an entire roof off a building and was using it as a shield. if you have ever tried to fight around an entire roof you know how hard it was. I could feel my strength waning. from the entire creek I was forceing to destroy monsters, to the large amount of the ocean that I was having to do the same here, to fighting all these monsters. I had no idea how much longer I could do this, but I had to keep going to give the people I care about a fighting chance.

  I was trying to catch my breath, my breathing had started to get strained and ragged when I heard a branch snap behind me. I whirled around and found Annabeth nearing the clearing of the trees, and my heart sank into my stomach, I could barely move right now, little alone protect her. "G-Go!" I yelled to her. she needed to go back toward camp, she was needed more there than here. 

  "What? no! I'm not leaving you", she lowered her voice," never again, Percy."

  my mind went straight back to when we were hanging from the pit to Tartarus, I was clutching her wrist, holding onto her for my life. and I said those same words. I had promised I was never leaving her again. that was a moment that has become something of a painful yet good memory. and it has also become powerful to us. My flashback was disturbed when I saw her eyes widen in horror. 

  "what is i-" 

  I turned just as an oversized claw wrapped around my throat, lifting me into the air.

                                                                                   A/N

  (HEY! THIS WAS A FUN ONE TO WRITE. 

THINGS ARE FINALLY STARTING TO GET INTERESTING!!!

  ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

                                                                   -Livinginvibes