chapter ten: all the pain

PERCY'S POV:

  My fingernails had finally started to grow back painfully. I looked forward to the nights, and I would tell the others my stories. Every day was some new torture, and the nights were the only time when screams didn't fill the halls. 

  Tonight I told my cellmates about my adventures in the sea of monsters. As I told them about being on the monster cruise ship with Annabeth and Tyson, I hadn't realized it when I slipped into sleep. One moment I was in a freezing and dark cell, and the next I was in the Athena cabin. I looked around and found Annabeth sitting on her bunk. My heart shattered, she had lost so much weight, and she looked so pale. She had tears running down her face, and sobs erupting from her throat. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to make things better, to make her feel better. She put her hand on her stomach.

   She whispered to where her hand rested. " I wish that your father could be here, so he'd be able to love you as I do." Another cry shook her shoulders, and she clenched her eyes shut. Her sobbing filled my head and the image faded and I was left with my confusion. I suddenly found myself in the pavilion at camp. Nico was next to me, but I couldn't hear his conversation with Hazel. He started looking around, and when his eyes landed on Annabeth I felt a buzzing ring painfully in my ears. Nico felt it too, and he stood up before grabbing Will by his sleeve. My dream followed them down to the beach. Nico stopped and turned to Will.

  "Annabeth is pregnant."

  My heart sunk into my stomach, his words repeating themselves in my head. My brain was trying desperately to make sense of them. Everything turned into darkness.

  Pregnant? No that can't be right. It was bad enough that I left Annabeth in the first place, but now she has to carry my child alone? 

   My child? that really can't be right. That seemed too painful. I've always wanted to have kids, but now I finally have one, and I can't be there. I hate this, Annabeth needs me right now and I can't be there. She needs me and It's tearing me apart. My child needs me, and I can't be there. I think I finally understand how my father must feel. 

  I awoke on the cold stone floor with the sudden need to cry, but I knew this was one of the last places where you can cry. So I just curled up and stared at a loose rock that lay next to my face. I focused on every crevis on that rock, every spot where the little light of the room bounced off this tiny rock. I wondered if my baby was ever this little. It seemed impossible that a human being could be so little. 

  I heard the cursed sound of my door opening. I didn't even bother looking up, I knew who was there. The huge hands of the cyclopes picked me up, his name was Grunt according to me since all he does is... well... grunt. I didn't struggle against his callused fingers that were wrapped around my arms. He grunted. In the room, he attached a metal collar around my throat. I could feel dozens of spikes poking into my skin, I knew if I put too much pressure in the wrong spot it could kill me, but I didn't care anymore. I laid my head back onto the cold metal, Almost enjoying the feeling of the metal poking farther into my neck.

   I just closed my eyes and just sat there for a long time before I felt Grunt rip the collar off of me. I leisurely open my eyes and for the first time see any emotion in his big watery eye, anger. He yanked me out of the chair, ripping the leather straps apart as well. He pulled me to the far corner of the room before chaining me to the ground on my knees, before walking away. When I heard him walking back over to me I turned my head to look at him. He was holding something that almost looked like a mini pitchfork. I didn't know what he was going to do with it, but I knew it was nothing good. I turned my head back down and bit down on my cheeks. I felt the air clash onto my skin before I felt the claws dig into my back.

  after probably the longest ten minutes of my life, Grunt left me alone. I was hunched on the ground that was now warm with my blood. I was trying to focus on keeping my breathing steady, and not the feeling of my blood flowing down my back. Finally there, alone in the dark, I cried. I couldn't remember the last time I had actually, really cried. I cried with all the pain that had been clouding my soul for years. I cried with the pain of seeing Annabeth so broken in my dream. I cried with all the pain of Annabeth being wrong, I didn't need to be there to already love that baby with all I am. And it hurt, it hurt so gods dam much! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                               A/N

( HEY! I'm sorry for such a sad chapter. hope you still enjoyed it tho! I might not post for a couple of days, I have girl's camp and I won't have an ounce of service. but as soon as I get back I'll become a writing machine I promise!!!!!!! and thank you guys so much for 150 views! that means the world! Have an amazing day!)

                                                                                       -Livinginvibes

                                                                                         word count: 967