chapter 2

I wake up by loud music playing down stairs. Still feeling something laying on my chest I find it weird, but as I look, I'm quick to my feet.

Elaine's teddy was laying on my chest, so she must be downstairs playing the music.

oh god.

I run down the stairs and stop as soon as I spot her.

"Elaine-" I say as I look at her, she only giggles.

I go to pick her up, but she wants to be put down again.

"no daddy! I want to play more music!" She whine.

I almost can't hear her, the music is too loud in here. I turn it off and finally it's quite.

I look at Elaine, but she only giggles. "I though you liked music daddy!" She says as we walk over to the kitchen.

"i do, but it can hurt your ears really bad if you play so loud music, and we have neighbours who would still like to sleep" I tell her trying to get her to understand.

then someone rings at our doorbell.

"daddy! the doorbell!" Elaine squeal, "is it Eleanor?"

"I don't know honey, I haven't open the door yet" I tell her as I walk over to the door.

As I open it, I'm met by our worst neighbour, no surprise there.

"hello Mrs Edwen, what can I do for you today?" I ask nicely, not wanting to start any drama.

"you keep the music down, or else I will be calling the police on you!" She says angry.

"im sorry, Elaine must have figured out how to turn on the music." I try to laugh.

"well, get your child under control!" She says angrily.

"I'm trying my best to keep her under control Mrs Edwen, but you know how it is with 2 year olds" I say trying to crack a joke, but it turns out awkward.

"no, I would never let my children act they way yours does. Keep her under control or I will call the police on you." Mrs Edwen tells me still as angry as ever.

"I will! It won't happen again!" I tell her awkwardly, as it always is. She really knows how to make me uncomfortable.

I shut the door and let out a breath. "See what you got daddy into" I tell Elaine as I tickle her.

She only giggles.

I place her on the counter as I start making us some breakfast.

.....

"shit shit shit— uhh—"

"daddy! you're saying no no word!" Elaine tells me looking disappointed.

"sorry honey, but I can't find my keys, have you seen them?"

"no" she giggles.

i hurry over to her as I pick her up, I see the keys laying there.

I am too late to even say anything, I'll talk to her about it later, but right now I need to get going.

I only run over to the kitchen getting her a fruit bar from the counter, and I'm off to the door to put on our shoes.

"daddy! teddy!" She cries out as she runs over to the couch.

"Elaine hurry up!" I tell her as I see her come running back.

I put on her shoes and I run over to the car with her in my arms.
I should've already been at the park by now, but Elaine was so stubborn and there was just so much going on before I finally got to calm her down.