chapter 4

Part 1

as the week flew by, me and Eleanor have decided to rent a cabin for two nights. For me, her and Elaine.

Elaine is really excited for the trip, it's all she talks about. we are leaving tomorrow morning, so both me and Elaine are packing at the moment.

"daddy! can I bring this with me?" She asks me holding onto her huge teddy bear.

I chuckle. "I'm sorry honey, but there isn't enough space for it in the car"

"awwh.."

"that's very rude of you daddy." She tells me and run off back to her room.

"Elaine, pack clothes first, toys comes last!" I shout loud enough for her to hear me.

as I'm writing a grocery list I get a face time call from my mom.

"hey mom" I say

"hey honey, are you and Elaine packing still?" She asks.

"yes, I'm trying to get Elaine to pack some of her own clothes, but she only picks out the toys she wants to bring" I chuckle.

She does too.

"me and your father wanted to give you some money for your trip! I think your dad already sent them actually!" She smiles kindly.

"thank you mom, you both really didn't need to do that."  I tell them still thankful.

"Oh, don't you worry, you deserve them Alec. You work so hard and we are really proud of you!" dad tells me as he sits down with my mom.

"can we talk with Elaine please, I miss her already!" my mom asks.

"shouldn't she be asleep, it's already 10pm?" Dad asks.

"I decided to let her stay up a little longer today, she can always sleep on the ride to the cabin tomorrow morning." I tell them as I walk up to Elaine's room.

"Elaine, do you want to say hi to nanny and grandpa?" I ask walking into her room.

"daddy!" She cries out.

"is Elaine okay?" My mom asks.

"What's the matter honey?" I ask as I kneel down to pick her up.

"I can't find teddy-" she cries into my shirt.

"hey mom? can I call you two later tonight? I need to help Elaine find her teddy and pack for tomorrow." I tell them.

"of course honey, don't stress about calling us back, you can always call us tomorrow when you are free!" She says.

"thank you, bye!" I say as I hang up.

"where was the last time you saw teddy?" I ask her.

"I don't remember, I had him beside me the whole time I was sitting there!" She says pointing at where her suitcase lays.

There is also a pile of clothes there which I'm going for first.

I pick up some of the clothes laying on the floor,

"TEDDY!" She squeal as she sees him laying under the pile.

I place her down for her to get him.

"thank you daddy!" She says as she tucks her teddy under her arm.

As I open her suitcase to see what she has packed, there is only toys laying in there.

"Elaine.." I say looking at her serious.

"but I need everything!" She tells me trying to push me away so I can't take them away.

"Elaine, you can't bring all these toys, I said you can bring only three."