USS Johnston (DD-557)

Name: USS Johnston (DD-557)

Ship: Fletcher Class Destroyer

Apperance:

Armaments: 5 × 5"/38 Guns, 10 × 40mm Bofors AA Guns, 7 × 20mm Oerlikon AA Guns, 10 × 21" Torpedo Tubes, 6 × Depth Charge Projectors, and 2 × Depth Charge Tracks.

Personality: Johnston's a relentless and spunky young shipgirl with absolutely no qualms or concerns with taking on ships well over 28+ times her size and is able to punch WELL above her own weight class.

Quote: "I am going to be a fighting ship. I intend to go in harm's way, and anyone who doesn't want to go along had better get out right now."

Quote 2: "They're shooting at us in technicolor!" (Reference to the multi-colored shell splashes from Japanese Battleships at Samar)

Quote 3: "As it turns out, I can indeed calculate the speed of an unladen swallow both African and European...and then put a shell up it's ass from 5km away." (Reference to her Mark 1A Fire Control Computer)

Theme Song: Otherwise-Soldiers

Other: Johnston participated in the legendary Battle Off Samar and even went head-to-head with IJN Yamato herself and forced the far more powerful Japanese Center Force into a rather shameful retreat (With some help of course)