.5.

𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐎𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐬
*´¯'*.¸¸.*´¯'* - *´¯'*.¸¸.*´¯'*

They were back at the Zombie Hotel, none of them saying a word in order to not set off Meira. She was angry, fightened even. Cassius had walked off to the kitchen, leaving Liam alone with the mourning girl. He was afraid of speaking, fearing for the words that might turn into a screaming fit.

Liam was shuffling his card deck in his hands, his eyes staying on Meira. She hadn't said a word since they left Bucket Hill about an hour ago. It was understable, the love of her life had been shredded right in front of her. Of course she would be a little traumatized. Liam just wished he was a bit more considerate towards the group. If he only didn't make such a big deal about Abel, maybe Evette would still be there with them. After all, he was supposed to be there to protect all of them, but he failed. Evette was dead and the blame was on both him and Cassius.

Glancing up when the kitchen door opened that led to the lobby, Cassius entered the room. He took a seat on one of the couches, his eyes scanning to find the right words. "Meira I-" he was cut off when receiving a sharp look from Meira, knowing damn well there was nothing to say to make any of this right.

The room felt empty without Evette there. There was nobody to complain about the dust particles flying about. Hell, what were they going to do without her having a hissy fit over the dishes being dirty? As much as everyone argued with her about the lack of running water....Liam missed it. He missed her. She was like the sister he regained after losing his own.

His eyes went back to Meira who was making a necklace. Liam told her it was dangerous, but she still persisted. After Cassius and Liam had cleared out the monsters, Meira had walked up and slipped off Evette's ring. They cleaned it thoroughly in case the infection had been spilled upon it, holding it with a small cloth. Meira had been making a necklace out of it, wearing Evette's ring around her neck.

Meira pressed her lips against the emerald ring worn around her neck, a tear escaping the corner of her eyes. "We need to avenge her," she mumbled. "We need to take it down."

Liam suddenly became interested, turning his attention back to the determined almost-widdow. He knew what she meant, though. Evette's mother had worked for Hell Corpse, meaning that the blood of her daughter was on her hands. Meira wanted to take that place down and destroy it brick by brick. Perhaps even find a cure to fix all this madness. However, it was an extremely dangerous mission. After what happened to Evette, Liam wasn't sure it was the safest idea.

"I'm down," Cassius suddenly spoke. His arms and legs had been crossed while sitting on the couch until he stood. He had determination echoing in his voice, which was something odd coming from him.

Cassius gave Liam a look, seeming to relax after their heated argument. "I'm sorry, Liam. You were only being protective."

Liam only shrugged in response to him, turning back to Meira with a slight nod. "Alright, we'll do it. We're going to need a plan though. If we're taking down this son of bitch."

A grin spread across Liam's face as he spoke. He was ready to avenge Evette and hopefully switch this world back to normal. Future generations - if even possible anymore - needed a safe place to live. They were going to make it safe. Even if they die trying, they were going to be made heros. Not just to avenge Evette, but to save every single last person from the massacre Hell Corpse released upon the world.

*´¯'*.¸¸.*´¯'* - *´¯'*.¸¸.*´¯'*

The group was packing up supplies for their long travels. Well, except for Liam. Instead he was looking through the map, trying to find the safest way to get to the lab. Of course, there was no safe way. He couldn't let another Evette situation happen, though, so he planned to find the safest route.

Cassius walked up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder, causing Liam to tense up a little. He never liked to admit he was into him, even before the bickering. Liam was never one to share emotions very well and that definitely included romantic ones.

"Which way are we travelling?" He asked, rubbing his thumb against his Liam's shoulder.

Liam moved his shoulder to let Cassius' hand drop before replying to his friend, "it's quite a long journey but we can make it." He bit off the cap to his red marker and drew lines on the map to show which way they would be travelling. It was definitely a long journey and it came with loads of risks, but if Liam could keep his group in tact then maybe they could pull it off.

Cassius only nodded. "Are we bringing Abel? He's eleven, we can't just leave him here. Plus he's grown attatched to Meira," he said and tilted his head over to the two that were playing with a deck of cards.

Liam was glad Meira found someone to connect with after the passing of Evette. It was good to see a smile on her face after all the commotion.

"What's he doing with the cards?" Liam suddenly whispered in question.

Of course they were taking Abel, he didn't need to answer his friend's question. Abel was now apart of the group whether he liked it or not.

Cassius found himself smiling a little. "Magic. He loves doing magic with cards," he stated. His eyes laid on Liam's for a few seconds before they both broke the eye contact and glanced away from each other.

Meira slightly rolled her eyes, taking Abel's hand and slowly walking over to the boys. "We leaving or what? Don't got all day," she spoke in a sharp tone before exiting the hotel.

Grinning, the two boys followed her.