.14.

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

The day after had seemed to be a much gloomy one. It was back to only being four of them. They had a small funeral for Mac in the backyard, burying their body to give them honor for their sacrifice. Even after knowing the risks, they still betrayed their sister. Though honored, Cassius was slowly growing sick of seeing the people he cared about die.

He placed the two pieces of paper on the table, pushing them together as if it was a puzzle. The ink was slightly smeared, but he can just make out what it says. Of course, they knew about the Scarlet thing...but what was he trying to say about Evette?

"She's alive," Abel stated as he glanced down at the paper. "She has to be, right? That's what it means?"

Cassius hoped so. They had been through so much already, they needed a win. However, this was also Hell Corpse they were talking about. If she was alive, it wasn't looking pretty for her. Especially with test runs if she did happen to survive. Though Cassius didn't get his hopes up too much. He was so sure that the body by that gas station was Evette....but what if it wasn't?

Deciding that wasn't useful knowledge at the moment, the group started to prepare for their big fight against the lab. It would take all their strength, courage, and dignity to take these apes down. At least nobody had to do it alone, everyone was in this together. Even Abel, who's knee was now healed up. Turns out, Meira discovered it was just a gash and he was being dramatic. He was a child, after all.

Meira was in the backyard to train Abel how to use the gun, meanwhile Cassius and Liam were in the front yard to practice their fighting and agility skills.

Today was the day. They were going to take it down, find a cure, and put a giant bandaid over the crack of the earth. They would need something big to spread the cure across the globe, extremely big.

Cassius and Liam dropped their weapons, deciding to play the fighting safe in case they injured each other. However, Liam seemed a bit nervous as he stared at Cassius' muscles. Yeah, he was a pretty big guy but maybe....just once....he could let him win.

"Ready?" Cassius asked, earning only a nervous nod from the other. He counted them both down from three then charged. He attempted to spear Liam, but instead he "accidentally" swerved and fell on his stomach. Liam took the opportunity to punch his jaw when he stood, nearly knocking him off his feet. Spitting out blood, Cassius grinned and grabbed his arm. He twisted it, attempting to pop it out when Liam countered. Instead, Liam held his arm and used a disarm maneuver (that being in case the lab rats held weapons), and kicked him behind his kneecaps. Cassius fell in the grass almost immediately, smirking when he lost the fight.

"You let me win didn't you, giant?" Liam asked, a faint smile on his face as he extended his hand. Cassius took it, allowing Liam to pull him on his feet. With that, he caught Liam by surprise by kneeing him in the stomach and letting him fall to the ground.

"Don't let your guard down next time," Cassius spoke with a slight grin as Liam rolled his eyes.

Meira glanced over at the boys, her arm resting on Abel's shoulder as he confidently held the gun in his hands.

It was time.

*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

By the time they reached the lab, the building was definitely above average type large. It appeared to be twenty-four floors, being the only nice building in existance. It looked like what used to be a giant skyscraper, being so high in the air you couldn't see the top. It was a blue building, light glittering off the metal walls and windows.

Liam turned towards the group, deciding to finally tell them the plan. They've been begging to know the entire time, but Liam had kept it to himself. Which Cassius found annyoing he didn't at least tell him, but he actually understood. This was dangerous. None of them was going to like what they hear.

"Cassius, you're going to disable the security cameras. There was a map in your home. Your uncle worked for them, much like Evette's mother. You're not going to like it, but in order to stay under cover you're going to have to pretend to be him," Liam suddenly stated.

Cassius felt a lump in his throat. The thought of even being like his uncle made him want to gut himself. However, he knew it had to he done.

Liam glanced over at Meira and Abel. "You two are going to stick together and find Evette. Meira, we didn't tell you this, but the note Mac left has reason to believe she's alive. If she is, we have to get her out of there."

A slight shimmer of hope glowed in Meira's eyes. Cassius knew she was waiting to hear that news since they saw whoever's body pressed up against the glass door of that gas station.

Liam sighed, "and I'm going to see if I can't find that antidote that might save everyone in this god forsaken Earth. I'm going to try and get it to the roof. Based on the map, I think there might be the place where the toxins was first released. Meaning that's where I have to put the cure."

Cassius didn't like the idea of Liam going alone, but had no choice but to agree. Giving him a slight nod, he squeezed his hand. "Don't die on me now, Owens. I need you alive," he said. Liam found himself actually smiling, squeezing his hand back.

Liam then spoke with courage glowing in his eyes,

"let's murder this bitch."