TWO

📍the hamptons

the car drove for what seemed like forever from the airport. thank god for my smart mother who sent all our new furniture and all of our things down to the new house earlier, everything was already there and set up.

i walked into the house, taking in everything. a shove to my back made my head spin around quickly.

"what's your problem?" i asked, staring down at my 12 year old sister, ella.

"move it, other people have to get in here too you know." she said.

"okay bossy." i said, rolling my eyes and walking towards the kitchen.

it was everything i could ever imagine and wish for. marble counters, white cabinets, a huge island, and a pretty dining room. i was in love. thank god for my mom's new promotion.

my mom always said the hamptons were too expensive and we would never go there, but i guess this is what you call a dream.

"hey honey. how are you liking the new house?" my mom said as she entered the room.

"i'm in love. seriously. i am obsessed with it." i said.

"have you seen your room yet?" she asked.

"nope." i shrugged.

"go look!" she exclaimed.

i nodded and dropped my backpack on the floor, leaving my phone in it. i ran up the stairs and down the hall to my new room.

i walked in to see the prettiest room ever. a huge space, big bed, cute bedding, pretty paintings on the walls, a nice desk space, a bathroom, and a huge closet.

"oh my god." i mumbled to myself.

"liv!! get your swimsuit on let's go swimming!!" my sister, kai, called out, throwing me a towel and running down the stairs.

after changing, i walked into the backyard seeing my little brother, avery, in the pool. i looked out to the sand and the beach that laid just two steps from my backyard. my sisters were splashing around in the ocean.

i threw my towel on the ground and ran towards the ocean, jumping in.

after swimming a bit, i walked from the water, spotting my next door neighbors in their backyard. there was a boy that looked about my age, with his parents.

the boy actually waved to me, i waved back. and i guess his parents noticed because they called me over.

taken by surprised, i creeped over to their yard and sat at the table with them.

"you're the clarke's, right?" the woman asked.

"yeah, i'm olivia. we just moved in." i said.

"welcome to the hamptons! i'm elizabeth, this is my husband jared, and my son, dylan." she welcomed.

"thank you! and that's my mom right there i bet she'd love to hear all about the hamptons." i said.

"oh please call her over! what about you and dylan go get ice cream from the ice cream place down the street?" elizabeth said.

"sounds good." i said, raising my eyebrows.

dylan and i both got up, we walked towards my backyard where my mom was with my little brother.

"mom the neighbors wanna meet you. also this is dylan we are gonna go get ice cream." i said.

my mom nodded and got up.

dylan and i cut through the side of the house and began walking to get ice cream.

"so, where are you from?" he asked.

"san diego." i said.

"wow, cali? i've lived here all my life." he said.

"must be nice." i said.

"it is." he chuckled.

"shoot, i forgot my phone." i said, shaking my head.

"it's not that important, is it?" he asked.

"well i have to text my girlfri-" i cut myself off.

"i have to text my friend. who is a girl." i said.

dylan chuckled awkwardly.

"she can wait." he said.

"i guess she can." i shrugged.