Story Info

Rafael Montero is his name.

But what exactly is his game?

He is bad news with a capital 'B' but what can you do when one of the richest and definitely the shadiest billionaire in all of New York makes you an offer you can't refuse?

Well, you could refuse it but why would you ruin your one chance at furthering your career and doing something worthwhile with your life over a rumor that has a 0.01 percent chance of not being true?

------------------------

Even though I was the one who initiated the kiss, I could tell that I was no longer in control. 

His large arms wrapped around my waist like tightly-coiled wires, keeping me in place so he could do whatever he wanted with me without interference.

There was something dark looming between us and it scared the hell out of me because I knew he was the cause of it.

What was I doing?

He was dangerous, he had a gun in his desk drawer for God's sake and here I was, a pitiful lovesick girl, kissing him with reckless abandon like he wasn't my boss and I wasn't his employee.

I, for some unknown reason, acted uncharacteristically fearless with him and it was very unnerving.

I had to put a stop to this before I drowned in the darkness that was Rafael Montero so I pulled back slightly, reluctantly detaching my lips from his.

"I'm sorry Mr. Montero but I can't do this."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hi readers,

Finally writing a book like I always wanted to!

Hope you like it.

Cari <3

P.S. if you see any errors (i.e. spelling mistakes) let me know, okay? But please me nice about it because I don't have an editor or anything to catch every single mistake.

My sister proofreads sometimes but she's not a robot, even Grammarly misses some of my mistakes too.