𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮,

𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 '𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
1)
Everything from the moment Ivy was conceived to driving to meet her new half family with her dad and his new health guru girlfriend, Samantha or something, had been a disaster.

Ivy never met her mother, her dad always said that she took the 'easy way out' and that he was left with the burden of her, and for a while Ivy believed him. She believed that her mother didn't want her, and soon her father would be sick of her too. Until she realised that Olivia Smith hadn't taken the 'easy way out' of parenthood, she died in childbirth.

The moment that John Conklin realised that his daughter was aware of the real reason her mother wasn't around, he gave up on parenting her. He had enough to deal with, with his other family.

He had been keeping his daughter a secret for sixteen years, somehow Laurel never found out that a year before their second child Belly was born, Ivy was born a year before, their birthdays only separated by two days.

He had been focusing on Laurel, Belly and steven, hiring nanny's nonstop to parent Ivy in his place, but it wasn't enough.

Ivy couldn't find attention from her own parents, so when she was fifteen she began to find it from other places. Bars, men, women, drugs, the whole shabang.

The worst part for Ivy was, that her father never noticed. On the rare occasions he dropped by his second house where he hid her, he wouldn't notice her bloodshot eyes or tear stained face. He simply dropped a kiss on her forehead choosing to see nothing wrong with his broken daughter.

Even through all of this, Ivy was a star student in her school, flying colours in every subject, she especially excelled in science. All this success, she hoped one day her father would notice her hard work, then he would be so proud of her.

Until one day John Conklin's double life was revealed. All that money he spent on nanny's and babysitters, Laurel got suspicious.

Where is all their money going? She wondered, and stated to snoop around, finding things out of the ordinary.

Eventually Laurel came across his second phone, with multiple texts from a woman called 'Ivy'.

At first Laurel was furious, an affair, really? and with a woman with the sluttiest name on earth, Ivy.

Until she paused and read the several unread texts from this 'mystery slut'.

ivy 💗: dad you need to come to the assembly, i'm winning an award for my research on atoms 🦠

ivy 💗: can you sign my note for a school excursion next week?

ivy 💗: I left the note on the kitchen bench for you

Laurel felt her heart drop. Dad? Steve was already a dad. Belly. Steven. Who else is calling him dad?

A sudden silhouette standing still in the door frame startled Laurel,

"Laurel? I can explain," and so he did. Ivy was no longer so much of a secret.

While laurel didn't want to know Ivy, from her desperate texts to her dad, Laurel knew that her dad wasn't taking care of her, so she decided she would, when the time was right. First Laurel and Steve divorced, a messy messy thing it was.

Ivy didn't know what had happening that caused her dad to be at home more and more but she was just glad to see him, even when Steve began to take his anger from the difficult divorce out on her, not physically, but the verbal abuse was taking a severe mental toll on Ivy.

Ivy didn't know that he had another family, another daughter, a wife a son. She thought he cared about her.

So when one day he dad is dropping her off on the doorstep of Laurel Conklin with no reason as to why, only a very hastily under packed suitcase, she was heavily confused.

"hi hon, I'm laurel, why don't you come inside for a minute before we head off?" Laurel spoke softly to the shorter girl, seeing tears on her freckles covered face.

head off... who is this lady?

"i'm sorry but my dad wouldn't want me to go off with strangers, Laurel, he'll be back any minute to pick me up!" Ivy had so much confidence in her dad, it made Laurel pause, had he not told Ivy what was happening?

"Okay dear let's just sit and chat for a minute, yeah?" and so they did, they say on the front porch and takes, cried and hauled themselves into a car ride with Ivy's new half siblings her were just as confused as she was.

Laurel was taking them all to Cousin's for the the summer, a summer none of them will ever forget with the fisher family.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══