𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

❝𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙

𝙄 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 ❞

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

(10)
tiptoeing cautiously down the stairs, the girls were careful not to wake any one up.

Ivy observed the clock on the microwave on her way out, it read 1:02 AM in bold red writing. Belly hadn't been exaggerating,

Ivy really had taken her time getting ready, rightfully so, as the bikini took some adjusting. the girls would just have to be extra careful not to wake anyone up at this late of an hour, god knows Laurel could be a grump when her sleep was interrupted.

and belly's mum yelling at her new friend was a nightmare she wished to avoid and would mess up belly's cheer up plan. she wanted so badly to help ivy, for her to trust her, and she knew that a night swim could make anyone feel better, even the mystery that is Ivy.

so belly walked over to the door, avoiding the creaky floor board that sounded like a dying bird and could wake a deaf man up.

clasping her hands around the metal handle, she gently slid open the door, tugging on Ivy's hand and shutting the door softly behind her, both girls let out a sigh in relief, their mission had been completed, they were now by the pool ready for a night swim.

"what are you two doing up?" Conrad barely needed to look at them to know it was the two trouble makers. Belly nearly let out a scream at the sudden interruption, luckily ivy had smacked her hand over belly's mouth, predicting the girl's reaction.

The two girls looked at Conrad sat on the edge of the deep end of the pool, legs dangling over the edge and toes dipping into the water, weed in hand, a puff of smoke escaping from the rebellious boy's lips as he arched a brow, searching for a response from one of the girls, to answer his question.

what were they doing by the pool at 1:02 AM?

Ivy clutched her blue beach towel around her tighter, Belly said no one was by the pool so Ivy wasn't too bothered about her appearance, however without the towel the bikini belly let her borrow was rather, small in certain areas. Ivy nudged the already blushing girl with her elbow, careful not to drop her towel or any of the items she had brought down. Ivy wanted belly to respond, ivy had not interest in the boy, however belly did and Ivy made it her new goal to get them together this summer, with Susannah's help of course.

But when Belly don't respond, only continued to stare at the boy, mouth open, Ivy held back a chuckle and the dazed girl's state, choosing to respond for her.

"Night swim." Ivy said simply, leaving no room for conversation.

and with that Conrad left them to it, leaving with a simple, "g'night Belly, sweet dreams," that sentence had even Ivy feeling slightly weak in the knees.

Belly simply mumbled out a goodnight in response, that sounded more like "shmodnigt conrahd"

she didn't know how Belly hadn't t collapsed by now with all the heart eyes the gorgeous boy was sending her, "oblivious girl," Ivy mumbled to herself a moment after Conrad had shut the door, leaving them to their long forgotten night swim.

"huh- what was that Ivy?" Belly asked, snapping out of her goo goo eyes dazed look with a shake of her head,

"oh nothing, just happy for you and conrad is all," Ivy teased the girl, Belly paused, putting her stuff down, "w-what do you mean, Ivy? don't be silly I-" Belly denied, stammering before Ivy interrupted,

"sweet dreams, Belly"

Ivy mocked, lowering her voice a couple of octaves and giving Belly a smouldering look while tousling her hair back and forth,

"oh you are so funny," Belly replied sarcastically, brushing off Ivy's comment as a joke, not a serious reflection of her and Conrad's friendship.

She placed her towel down next to Ivy's water on the table by the banana lounges before walking over to where Ivy was standing by the edge of the pool, her towel still wrapped around her body.

"I know i'm funny, I am also very right," Ivy joked, Ivy continued to mock, "you two are sooo in lo-"

a large splash resounded around the bachyard, Ivy's emerged from the pool spluttering in suprise.

"you pushed me!" Ivy glared at belly, for a moment both girls stared at eachother with annoyance, before they burst out cackling with laughter.

there was something so, sisterly, about their interactions that made Ivy laugh even harder.

"nooo, my towel is wet now too," Ivy sulked with a pout,

"Karma," belly responded with one word that left Ivy desperate for revenge.

"okay, okay, help me up," Ivy swam over to where Belly stood, dry, by the edge of the pool, holding a wet hand out to Belly, who looked rather... smug.

which really just kissed Ivy off in a way only a sister could, it was a friendly fight that only sibling could relate to, and now Ivy could relate.

"okay, you know I'm not that dumb, yeah? you are not pulling me in until i'm ready, i'm just gonna dip my feet in firs-"

Belly was so busy coming up with exscuses that she hadnt realised the evil glint in Ivy's eye, right before Ivy pushed up from the floor of the pool and pulled Belly's shoulder towards the pool,

effectively slamming the girl into the pool,

"wresting style! whoo!" Ivy yelled out, both girls now blissfully forgetful of the whole danger of a late night swim,

they were sure to wake someone up.

what the girls didn't know was that as they were walking past a certain boy's room, they had disturbed his sleep.

he was dreaming of Ivy disappearing, hopefully dying, he didn't really mean it, dreams are subconscious after all, but he definitely didn't want the girl anywhere near him.

the point is, they had woken Jeremiah up, from his window he had watched belly and conrad and belly get revenge by pushing the heinous girl in the pool, now he was unaware of the small smile resting on his face at the sight of Ivy pulling Belly into the water.

she's so funny, maybe I should swim with her later, Jeremiah thought,

but quickly brushed the smile off his face and the strange thoughts of Ivy from his head, he decided to just ignore them and go to sleep. a shriek of laughter from the pool, Jeremiah recognises it to belong to Ivy, fills the usual quiet of the night sky,

"foolish girl, you are going to wake up laurel," he mumbled to himself before slipping into a deep sleep,

which he would forever deny was of Ivy, this time his dream, rather than being about Ivy leaving, was about them at the beach, with dolphins, and mermaids, kind of like the barbie surf mermaid movie.

which jeremiah would also deny he watched.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! yay :) also add this to your reading lists for visibility <3 sorry for not updating this in a while, i was on camp! also the picture up top is how I imagine Ivy's room, the bathers she and belly are wearing are at the end of last chapter :)