Chapter 2: Doubts

Rick's POV

I was pained. A lot. For some absurd reason, I was pained. I was pained because Hale texted me and she said, "We are only friends, right Rick?" I had to type in, "Yeah. There is no such thing as 'Rile'." I kind of doubted or relationship after the rumors. I suddenly realized that we acted like a couple. I was leaning on my locker and then I heard a voice. "Rick?" I turned around and I saw Valerie. "Hey, Val," I said. "Uhh... I just wanted to tell you that Hale's sick today," she said, "She's been vomiting and she has high fever." I sighed. "Is she fine?" I asked. "She's not doing quite well. You can visit her later," she replied. "Bye!" She waved her hand as she walked away. I waved back.

"What's up, dude?" I heard my friend, Elliott Swayze say. I shrugged, "Nothing really." Elliot had shaggy deep hazel hair and a really nice tan. He had hazel eyes too, to compliment the look. He is popular, with girls falling for him. He's not a player and he is pretty smart too. He had a crush on Merideth Lawrenceburg, a friend of Hale's. He grinned, "I asked Merideth on a date and she said yes." I smiled back at him, "That's great, dude!" He walked away with dreamy smile on his face.

"Hi Hale," I greeted Hale as soon as she opened her door. She looked pale. Her brown hair a mess and her hazel eyes had bags. "Oh, hey Rick. Come in," she coughed out, leading me inside. "Are you okay?" I asked her as I sat on the couch. "Not really," she croaked out. "Do you need to go to the doctor?" I asked again. "Jeez, mom, I already called the doctor," she said. I laughed. "He said I have the flu. I'm not going to school anytime soon if I'm really sick," she explained.

We watched some TV for about 2 hours. I left her house as she fell asleep.

Valerie's POV

"Meet me at our table in Starbuck's today at 5pm. -Kity" I read the text. It was 4:57pm. "Oh gosh! I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed. I slipped on my sneakers and grabbed my handbag. I ran towards my car (They are 16.) and drove towards Starbuck's.

I checked my watch. 5:05pm. Great. Now I'm late. I look over and see Kity sitting down while drinking a Green Tea Frappé and reading 'Rebel Belle'. I walked over and spoke up, "Sorry I'm late." Kity looked up, "S'fine. I got your Chai Tea Frappé. From the secret menu. Just the way you like it." (A/N : This is a real flavor y'all! It's really good. It has no coffee. You can ask them for a 'Chai Tea Frappé'.) I sat down and grinned, "Gosh Kity! You read my mind sometimes!" I gladly took a small gulp of my Frappé. The taste of heaven with dash of Cinnamon. "So, why did you call me?" I asked Kity. "There's going to be a new student. His name is Joshua Allen. The principal told me to tell you this because he said the you are assigned to show him around tomorrow. "Okay," I sighed. A new student? In the middle of the Semester?

Merideth's POV

I saw a new guy walking with Valerie. She reached me. "Hey Meri, this is Joshua Allen. Josh, this is Merideth," she introduced me to the guy. He was quite cute. He had tan skin, and brown hair that was blonde at the roots. He had pearly white teeth and hazel eyes.

Suddenly, a guy walked up to Valerie. "Hey Valerie, would you like to hang out sometime?" Valerie was smart, and pretty, so this wasn't her first time being asked out. She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms and  gave him the 'I-Vowed-Off-Men-When-I-Was-4' look. And with that he was gone. Joshua snickered, "Ooh, intimidating!" She elbowed his stomach, "Watch out with what you say Joshua." He laughed.

(A/N : No, Valerie and Joshua will not end up together. Sorry guys! Joshua will kind of be a threat to Rick and Hale's relationship although he will not be a (fill in anything horrible). Joshua is going to be very nice and not a antagonist in this story. Ciao!)