SIXTEEN

Irene sings as she packs Toluwashe favourite meal which is jollof rice and chicken. She drops the flask on the table as she changed to a black shirt and a blue jean. She checked her purse to see only #150 there.

"Shit, I didn't withdraw from the ATM Yesterday". She said as she opened the drawer to pick up her debit card.

"At least #150 will take me there then I withdraw on my way back". She said as she changed into her sandal.

She boarded a bike in order to get to his apartment earlier. She was so eager to set her eyes on him.

She opened the door to his room eagerly without knocking. She saw him massaging a lady on his bed, the lady was half naked.

"Hello". She greeted awkwardly.

"Hey babe, you scare me. I was wondering who could enter without knocking". He came down from the bed, then he gave her a soft peck before collecting the lunch bag from her.

"Hey, I will see you around". The lady said then she moved out.

"Who is she?" Irene asked still standing.

"She's my course mate. She needed some body massage and I decided to help". He said.

Irene could sense lie but she decided to ignore it she didn't want anything to ruin her happy mood.

                     **********

It has been three days since she has been kidnapped and locked up wherever she was without seeing anybody. She has had no water nor food for the past three days. She could hear her stomach grumbling and her body stinking even her own breath disgust her. She felt so weak, she has cried and she felt so exhausted. She cried to sleep everyday. She was beginning to wonder who on Earth she has offended who has decided to take it out on her just when the universe was smiling down at her.

She looked up immediately she heard the door opening at last somebody has come to see her. Two hefty men entered and they dragged her by the hand out of the dirty room she was locked in. After walking for a while, she was shoved into a bathroom and the the door was locked immediately.

"When you are done, knock". One of the guards said.

Irene took a good look at the bathroom. She saw a bucket of water sitting pretty on the floor with a small bowl with a new sponge, soap, a toothpaste, and a brush. She saw new clothes lying on the water closet with a towel placed beside it. As she took. Good look at the bathroom tears stream down her face.

"Is this my life now". She murmured before she starts to change to have a bath.

She was dragged back to the dirty room. She saw a man standing in the room already with apron around his neck.

"Good morning ma'am". The man greeted.

She stared at the man speechless.

"Feed her and make sure you notify us once you are done". One of the guards said before moving out.

"Please have your seat ma". He said.

Irene obeyed as she watched the man set the table before her. Once he opened one of the dishes her stomach grumbling loudly causing the young man to look up to her. She smiled shyly.

"I'm sorry". She apologized.

"It's fine. That's what hunger can do to you". He said. "I was told to feed, not to allow you touch anything here, I hope you understand". The man said.

"Of course I do". She said as she salivate at the presence of white rice with Stew and fish.

"Hmmmm, so delicious". She said as she accepted the first spoon. "You prepared this?"

"Yes, I'm a chef". He replied.

"Chef...?" Irene looked up to him.

"Chef Mayowa". He replied.

"Nice. Thank you for making such a delicious meal for me". Irene said.

Mayowa smiled as he continue to feed her.

                     ***********

"Hey". Ifeoma said as she sat down

"Hi". Frank and Aanu said.

"What did the police say?" She asked no one in particular.

"What a time to ask. Where the hell have you been?" Aanu asked

"I'm sorry, I had a lot to settle. I'm really sorry". Ifeoma apologized.

"Iffy, she is your friend, you should be here ". Frank said, pain obvious in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Frank". She apologized again.

"Okay, the police need you at the station tomorrow for interrogation". Aanu said.

"Okay, no problem, I will be there". Ifeoma said.

"Fine,Frank I have to be somewhere, see you guys later". Aanu said as she stood up.

"Thank you so much Aanu you've done more than enough these past days". Frank said.

"She's my friend, this is the least I can do". She smiled as she set out.

"I believe the person that did this must be close to her". Ifeoma said. "Make sure you Interrogate her colleagues too".

"I never even thought of that, that's true. Thanks". Frank said. "But you know I'm going to need your help".

"Need my help in what way?" Ifeoma asked.

"I don't know many of her colleagues, you know most of them". Frank replied.

"No problem, I will be more than ready to help". Ifeoma smiled.

Interrogation time.

Please vote, and comment