SEVENTEEN

Irene continued to ignore the red light from Toluwashe. She has seen him with different ladies but she decided to ignore it. She has had different thought, 'Maybe the universe was getting back at her for all she has done with men'. 'Maybe she's just overthinking it because of her encounter with men' 'This is the only guy she was really having that connection with without even thinking of sex'. She was not ready to lose him.

Irene was more than happy to finally be moving closer to the end of University. She thought her universities days would be out of Nigeria. Since the tragic incident, she never even thought of completing her secondary education not to talk of University.

"Hello". She heard as a hand tapped her on her shoulder.

"This money fell on you while you walked past me". The guy stretched a note of #500 to her.

"Thank you". She collected the money then she walked away.

Irene decided to get herself off her bad mood by getting alcohol. She was then headed towards Toluwashe's apartment. She needed his comfort at that moment.

"Hey babe". She said as she entered.

The sound of a broken bottle made Toluwashe turned towards the door.

"Ohh babe. I will call you guys later". He told the two ladies with him in the room.

The ladies put on their clothings and they walked out. Toluwashe wore his trouser then he walked up to Irene.

"Hey babe, I didn't know you were coming". He said.

"Twosome?" She asked as tears rushed down her face.

"I can explain....

"You have nothing to explain. I have always made up excuses for you. I have caught you several times with ladies but Twosome? I thought you were better. You were the first man I have ever fallen in love with, I wanted to be serious with you but it seems all men are the same". Then she walked out.

    **********

Frank kept on pacing round his room, he was beginning to lose his mind. It's already two weeks since Irene has been missing.

"Bro, you need to calm down o. What if she planned this herself". Priscilla said.

"My fiancee can never do that". Frank said.

"Well, what my ex who was also her ex told me....

"Shut up please and let me think. I thought you came to my house to help". Frank said.
Then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in please". Frank answered.

Maxwell entered looking so exhausted.

"Negative". He said as he sat down.

Frank sat down as well. He buried in his head in between his two hands.

"Hello, I'm Priscilla". Priscilla said looking at Maxwell.

"Hi". Maxwell said.

"I mean I want....

"I'm so sorry I'm late". Ifeoma said as she entered cutting Priscilla short of her statement.