NINETEEN

"Boom". Aanu said as she sat down with her lunch. "What are you thinking about?".

"Nothing. Just about Irene". Ifeoma answered. Yeah partially she's thinking about Irene. She's thinking about the gentle touch of Frank on her chest. But she will be selfish to think about it, Irene is Missing for Christ sake.

"I just hope she's fine wherever she's". Aanu said dropping her fork.

"Excuse me". Ifeoma said immediately her phone rang.

Aanu watched her as she walked away. "There's something suspicious about this girl". She murmured.

                      *********
Irene looked around the unfamiliar one room apartment. She looked through the window to see that she's surrounded with bushes and the door is even locked. She dropped on the floor, sobbing, she has been taken to a darker place where there is no hope at all.
"Maybe this is where I'm going to get killed". She said..
She heard keys dangling. She stood up scared that, that might be the end of her.

Mayowa entered smiling with two bags, obviously one containing clothes and the other food.

"Sleeping beauty is finally awake". He said as he dropped the bags on the table.

"What's happening? She asked.

"We escaped Irene. I told you I'm going to get you out of there". Mayowa said lying on the bed.

"How did we escaped". Irene asked still unable to process what he just said.

" Okay". He sat up. "They were taking us to Abeokuta and I used my king Fu power and as a smart guy I worked my way". He said.

"And, I'm suppose to believe you. You worked with kidnappers. What if you wanted freedom, so as to get hold of the amount that I'm worth". Irene confronted him.

Mayowa dropped the key on the table.
"Take the key and leave. I'm not going to persuade you to stay here. Go and if you are captured, do well to tell them that I wanted to help you". He walked into the bathroom.

Irene stared at the key fearfully. She has her doubt but what if he's right. What if he's just trying to save her.

"I'm changed. If you are not leaving. I think you need to have your bath then change into one of the clothes I got you". He said.

                        ******
"I'm happy you came". Frank said as he opened the door for Ifeoma.

"I don't know why I'm here, but I'm sure this isn't what Irene will want". She said as she stepped in.

"I just wanted to ask something out of concern". Frank said.

"What's that". She asked still standing.

" Take a seat". He tapped the space beside him.

"No, I'm fine. I don't intend to stay for long". She replied.

"Fine. Okay, let me start like this.....

"Please go straight to the point". She cuts him off.

"Fine. I saw a scar on your chest and I'm curious". Frank said raising his eye brow already knowing she gets what he meant.

"I don't want to talk about it". She said facing the door. "I will take my leave now". Immediately she said those words, she felt  hands around her waist. She relaxed into his chest "I'm not suppose to do this". She thought.

"I just want to help as you've helped me. Your ex-husband right?" He whispered into her ears.

"Frank, I have to leave. Irene must not meet us in this compromising position". She said trying to release herself.

Frank released her immediately, he felt she doesn't need to bring Irene up in every of their discussion. He was annoyed but he didn't know the reason why he should be annoyed. She actually said the truth but no one knows if Irene is dead or alive.

                       ********
"Did you enjoy your meal?" Mayowa asked. Irene only nodded crawled up in the blanket.

"I get that you are scared. I just want you to trust me. I mean no harm". He said.

"I want you to also understand that, I can't trust anyone at this moment. I don't even know who had me kidnapped in the first place". Irene replied with a low voice.

"That's why I want you to stay here till  those people are caught". Mayowa replied.

"How are they going to get caught when I'm stuck here with you?" She asked.

"Just relaxed and trust me. Trust the process". He replied.

                       **********
Ifeoma stared at Frank's picture for the millionth time. Yes, she has been stalking him on social media lately. She won't deny she has been bottling this feelings for him ever since she set her eyes on him. But she thought it's over since but with Irene missing and they have to be seeing each other almost everyday, she's confused.
Her phone beeped, bringing her back from her thought rail. She checked the message from Aanu.

Aanu 😍🤩
Irene's kidnappers have been found, clue to fine Irene. Yippe 💃💃💃. See you at the station tomorrow. Love you 😘.

   Ifeoma stared at the message with a sad face. "Oh my God, why now". She thought. She wanted the relationship with Frank to go deeper. But she should be happy Irene will be back right? She hissed then she dropped the phone annoyingly.

Irene is almost back. Who's happy 💃💃

Read, vote and comment