Chapter 12

"...alcohol is a pervasive part of life, but an
extraordinary fact - it's pleasurable and destructive, anathematized and adulated, more so it's deeply ambiguous - like a genie on a bottle..."

 Jeongyeon woke up like a truck just ran over her while her stomach felt like she was punched over and over again

Jeongyeon groans and flutters her eyes open, looked around, and saw that she was on her bed and on her room, How the?

Jeongyeon then felt rising bile in her mouth - not minding the raging headache, Jeongyeon ran like she was caught on fire towards her bathroom to empty her stomach.

God jihyo, Jeongyeon groans and continues to vomit in the toilet bowl.

Jeongyeon's head was spinning and everything felt disorienting. She gasps in a lung full of air to try and minimize her puking.

I feel like shit...

Jeongyeon groans in pain, she massaged her temple to ease down the headache. She stood up and stumbles her way to the sink. Jeongyeon looked up to the mirror to see her disheveled state, her face was pale and her raven hair was in disarray.

Jeongyeon squints her eye since the headache made her vision a little blurry than usual. She turned on the faucet and splashed the running water on her face to sober her up.

Jeongyeon remembers bits of memories from last night but it felt so surreal.

Jeongyeon kept stumbling on her feet while Nayeon continues to hug the raven haired's waist to steady her.

"Don't move too much or you'll face plant on the ground. We wouldn't want to injure your cute face." Nayeon's eyes twinkle in amusement.

They were walking down the trail to the dorm and Jeongyeon wouldn't stop moving around.

"Did you know that you can't see the air?" Jeongyeon whips her face to look at Nayeon seriously, "You can't see air."

Nayeon forms her lips into a thin line, her cheeks puffed up cutely due to the action and dimples form on the end of her mouth in each side of her cheeks.

"Yes... You can't see air." Nayeon drawls out but her tone held restraint laughter.

"But!" Jeongyeon points her index finger in the sky, "If it's very very cold, you can see air right? The fog? That's air! So you can see air!" she says in excitement like she just found a life-changing discovery.

Nayeon's lips bloomed into her signature bunny smile, she reached out her hand to grab Jeongyeon's cheeks and pinched it.

"You're so cute." Nayeon cooed at the raven haired.

Due to being called 'cute' by a very pretty girl,
Jeongyeon's drunk self turned like a tomato and since her head and heart couldn't handle the heat - she blacked out.