𝟸𝟹 | 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏 ☽

❖ ⋄ ⋄ ⋄ ⇢ ⋄ ✾ ⋄ ⇠ ⋄ ⋄ ⋄ ❖

I stir in the bed when I feel the hotness run up my skin, burning my feet and my arms until I kick the covers off and sit up holding my head.

Turning my focus to the nightstand, I notice it's only now eleven at night. I groan from the constant no-sleeping schedule I'm currently on.

Tomorrow's going to be hell to pay if I can't get any sleep.

Walking into the bathroom, I flick the yellowish light on, and I suddenly wince when I feel a sharp pain shoot down my arm, like loads of rocks being dropped on my very bone.

I grab the doorframe of the bathroom and drop to my knees, clenching my jaw while gritting my teeth from the pain. I can't make it stop, and I can't force words out of my mouth to call Emiko for help.

I'm sure she's still sleeping, so I toughen up and stand on weak knees until I'm shutting the door.

My hands grab the edge of the porcelain sink, and I look down into the black drain, darkness staring back at me until my eyes begin to become heavy. Something isn't right with me.

"Em-" I begin to shout through the door, but I can't, forgetting about the possible cameras. My eyes become hazy, and I feel sweat pooling down my feverish skin.

I place my palm on the doorknob and swing the door open.

When my eyes fully focus on the bed, I notice she's gone, but I can't force myself to move from the sink-the only object holding up my weight at the moment.

"Fuck!" I hiss through gritted teeth, feeling another wave shoot down my arm but this time it feels like fire hitting my very muscles. It's much more intense than moments before.

I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror, trying to focus my vision.

"Get ahold of yourself, Joon," I lightly smack my face, trying to come back to reality.

When I can't take the pain any longer, I unwrap the bandages around my arm to inspect the wound. Only I drop the white bandage when I see my arm is completely healed from the dog attack yesterday.

"That's... that's not possible," I lose my train of thought, running my fingers down the smooth skin of my arm that's uninjured. There are no cuts, no bruises, no fang marks, or anything; it's disappeared.

The pain comes back again, and this time when I hang my head down to look into the sink, I see drops of blood falling and hitting the whiteness of the sink.

I wipe my nose and examine my fingertips to find no blood, but when more blood hits the sink, I look up at the mirror and see blood run out of my eyes.

"W-What?" I panic while pulling down the skin of my eyes, inspecting the inside only to see no cuts, but both of my eyes are bleeding. "What's happening to me?" I whisper, turning the knob on the sink and quickly splashing my face to cool off.

I keep splashing water over my face when pain comes to my eyes, my mouth, my fingers, and my toes until every part of my body is in agony. I keep hoping this isn't real.

I splash my face a dozen times to hopefully wake up and realize that I'm sleep-deprived.

Once I finally feel fine, the pain from my arm stops, and the blood from my eyes does, too. I raise up and look at myself in the mirror. However, when I look at the mirror, I see a sight that changes everything.

I watch droplets of water run down my cheeks, dripping off of my chin into the sink, but that's not what has me terrified of what's staring back at me in the mirror.

My brown eyes are golden, my canine teeth are sharp-they've grown. My fingernails are long and black, and I don't recognize myself.

"Emiko!" I don't care anymore if people hear, or if cameras are in the room. I don't know what the fuck's happening to my body.

I rush out of the bathroom and straight to the motel door. I swing it open, seeing no one in sight but a somewhat empty parking lot.

"Emiko!" I scream as loud as I can, uncaring if anyone here kicks us out.

Biting my lip, I shut the door and rush to the bathroom again. I turn the shower on and put it on cold. I step into the shower fully clothed while hoping the cold shower will make my skin stop burning. All the while, I can't help but wonder where she went.

❖ ⋄ ⋄ ⋄ ⇢ ⋄ ✾ ⋄ ⇠ ⋄ ⋄ ⋄ ❖