━ZERO

CHAPTER 0 | PRELUDE

CHAPTER 0 | PRELUDE

MEAT GIRL!

TO LUFFY'S UTTER DISMAY, it was not a piece of meat that was sprawled out across the cool, sandy shoreline of his hometown but in fact a woman. He should've figured that out the moment his crooked teeth sunk into the creases of skin but even with her shrieks of pain- she still appeared like a piece of meat in his honey brown eyes.

Narrowly dodging a fist thrown, the boy stumbles over at the sudden motion. He blinks. Once, twice - before settling his sight towards the stranger wrestling with air. Excitement begins to bubble up within him when he hears her curse to herself. "Wow! Meat can talk!?" It was late at night and even with the darkness swallowing the two idiots whole, Luffy still manages to blossom beneath the embrace of the unknown.

"What?" Confused and disoriented, the woman lurches forward; swaying against Luffy in an attempt to steady herself. The straw hat welcomes the sudden contact with a grin. His rubbery limbs reach out, looping around her figure to force both of them into an even closer proximity. Her fragrance is now much more prominent and wafts through his nose. It was pleasant and made Luffy tighten his grip around her.

"You smell like meat!" The boy's stomach growls and grumbles and he was reminded again why he was out so late. This scent that was consuming his soul was the exact one Luffy could smell, all the way at very top of the mountain. She was the reason for his insatiable hunger.

"Holy shit, did your arms just grow!?"

"Yeah, wanna see it again?" The straw hat removes himself from entanglement he had with her and stretches. Luffy's rubbery arms wave around manically, scaring the poor woman. He giggles, finding the way she blunders about entertaining.

He wants to see more of that.

"You...you have a devil fruit."

"Yep!" Luffy slips his arms around the woman's neck, squishing his tan cheek up against hers. "Why are you sitting on the beach, meat girl?" She eyes him warily, scooting back to maintain some distance. He frowns, not understanding why his new friend keeps shuffling away. ( Personal space is a concept very foreign to him, something not programmed in his genetic code )  Luffy pounces, grabbing ahold of the strangers attire. He burrows into the warmth that exhibits from her. The straw hat doesn't know why but he quite enjoys being wrapped around her like this.