Chapter 1 : In Order To Survive

The ebony-hared young man stares at the weakened form of The Lady Bone Demon floating in the air. Messy long hair, and torn white hanfu. She is far less terrifying than her former appearance. "You still think that the universe still wants anything from any of us?" MK asked the demon. There are a lot of things the ebony-haired young man doesn't understand about the demon. One of them is her obsession with fate. 

"Don't you?" The demon asked tiredly, not bothering to look at the hero.

"I try not to think too hard." The ebony-haired young man admitted as he scratches his hair. 

"So it would seem..." The demon muttered before appearing behind the mortal, "Note this, Monkey..." The demon stated, as her eyes focused on the hero who defeated her.

"You and I, are not so different. We both fight for what we think is right. That pursuit only leads to one thing." The demon said without leaving her eyes on The Monkey King's successor. The passive hero hummed and nodded. "To destiny, right?" He guessed the demon's answer. After all the demon who started the grand scheme is obsessed with destiny and fate.  Muttering destiny like a lucky omen every time the young hero met her. 

"No." The demon smiled at the naive young hero with sympathy. "To pain." She muttered sadly.

"What's wrong with that?" The young hero questioned.

"That's what's so great about life. You feel joy and you feel pain, that's how you know you're still alive and know that you can keep growing and improving from your past mistake." The ebony-haired young man said. The demon turned around starting at the limitless white space before glancing at the young savior. "Maybe I misjudged you. Your mind is much more complex than I have thought." The demon smiled. "Thank... You?" MK said hesitantly, he isn't sure how to respond to that. 

The demon sighed, "This is just the beginning. Your road to being his successor will be filled with pain, both physically and emotionally. Not just from your enemies but also your allies." The demon warned the young hero as she floats up. She knows well how most hero ends up if they are not strong enough, dead and forgotten. Contrary to what others believe. The Lady Bone Demon doesn't wish that kind of future upon MK, The Monkey King's successor, the young hero that has defeated her. She wishes for him to prosper to greatness. She was strong. But MK is stronger.  

"Maybe I should grant you a gift. A gift that will aid your journey, child." The demon announced and turned around to face the ebony-haired young man.

"I'll give you my soul, my power, my immortality and wish you could do better than I ever could accomplish for this world." The demon said before her figure disappear turning into a blue orb of power. MK didn't even have time to register what the Lady Bone Demon has said to him when the orb leaped fast towards him and enter his body. Monkie Kid blacked out after that moment.

_____________________________________________ 

When the others found MK, his body is lying facing the ground near his fallen mech. The mech looks broken from the impact to destroy the traitorous demon, The Lady Bone Demon. "MK!!" The ebony-haired woman shouted and rushed to her best friend. While the others followed behind her. When she gets closer to MK, she is relieved that the young savior is still breathing.

She assumed that he probably fainted from exhaustion after all those actions and drama they had been through earlier. "Wakey wakey, MK!!" Mei cheerfully said and shake the sleeping man's shoulder. MK didn't move, and that got her a bit worried. "Hey, pal... We should really get going now." Mei said nervously. 

"Maybe he's tired, Mei," Tang said. 

She didn't get a vocal response from her best friend, but she try to be positive and agreed with Tang. "Alright, it seems like you're tired. So I'll help you get into the van." Mei said. Mei pushed MK's body so that he could face her instead of facing the ground. Her eyes widened. There's something abnormal about the young man's skin. There's a large crack on the left side of his face and his skin doesn't look like human flesh. Instead, it looks like porcelain, that is about to break.