taylor : belly

Taylor, Belly, and I had been bestfriends forever. I spent more time with Belly because she came to my house every summer. Taylor did as well but not as long as Belly. Over the years I've started growing feelings for Belly and it sucks cause I don't think she likes me back.

"I don't know Taylor maybe she just isn't into me" I sighed jumping on my bed. "Oh she's definitely into you" Taylor said nodding her head. I just looked up at her then down at my phone. "No I did not come all the way here for you to sit on your phone and act like Belly isn't in love with you!" Taylor said grabbing my phone. "Taylorrr" I groaned jumping on her trying to get my phone back. I'm sure you could hear us laughing from a mile away.

Finally I got my phone back but I was in this awkward position on Taylor's lap. Before I could get up my bedroom door opened. "Hey Bellyyy" Taylor said awkwardly. "Yeah hey" I said getting off of Taylor.

Belly gave us a forced smile. "She um stole my phone I was getting it back" I whispered looking up at Belly who just bit the inside of her lip and nodded. "I'm gonna go" she said trying to keep a smile as she shut the door. "She's jealous" Taylor squealed while standing up. "No she's not she just caught us in an awkward moment" I said lacing my hands through my hair.

"Go talk to her!" Taylor said as we were now in the kitchen looking Belly sitting outside. "I can't" I sighed shoving a cookie in my mouth. "Go or I'll tell her everything right now" Taylor said putting a hand on her hip. I knew she was serious so I just made my way out of the kitchen and towards Belly.

"Hey Belly" I sighed as I reached the girl on the dock. "Oh hi" she said fixing her hair. I have her a small smile which she tried to return. We were left in an awkward silence before she spoke up. "So are and Taylor like a thing?" She asked with a small forced laugh. "Oh no definitely not" I said looking down.

Here we were in awkward silence again. "Um I'm actually into a different girl" I said slightly looking up. Her eyes went wide, she tried to speak but nothing came out until it did. "Is she cool" she asked looking down at her hands. "Yeah she's really cool" I softly replied. She stayed quite as she looked out onto the water. "I mean she has a stuffed bear named Junior Mints so I'd say she's one of the coolest people I've ever met" I whispered looking into her dark eyes.

Realization hit me once I saw a shocked look on her face. She turned towards me "y/n?" she questioned. "Yep" I nodded. She knew it was her. "I'm gonna g-" I said starting to walk down the dock. "Don't go" I heard her voice whisper. I gave her a nervous look. "Because. because I feel the same" she said with red cheeks.

That's where our relationship started </3