5.Lies

(Welp! My bad for this late late update. Really really late update)

(3rd Person PoV)

Owen couldn't believe his ears.

He knows for a fact that Magic definitely saw the figure! So why is she lying?

Lying directly to his face.

"Owen?" Apo seemed like he wanted answers.

"..." Owen glanced at Magic who was giving him a concern look.

"............I'll tell you later," Owen got up and left the bunker.

He went to the spot where he and Magic got shot at. The arrow was gone.

Someone must have moved it while he was sleeping. He isn't sure who though although he can take a pretty good guess of who did it.

He glanced at the bunker.

Owen then crouched down to trace his finger on the spot where the arrow was.

If it wasn't for the hastily small hole where the arrowhead sunk in, he might have believed Magic that there was no figure at all.

She's lying...he thought. But why?

Why would she lie? What reason would she lie for?

Things just didn't make sense to Owen.

"Owen!" Magic suddenly appeared.

"Ah!" He jumped and turned around quickly.

"You scared me."

"Sorry but I decided to leave a present for you at your house. Just something for you," Magic explained.

"Huh, why?" Owen asked.

"No reason," Magic gave him a grin.

"Uhhhh ok...?" Owen left to go to his house.

There was a barrel there with a sign that read: 'For Owen.'

He checked what was inside and there were two things. A note, some pie and a book.

He checked the note first and it was from Apo.

'I'm going off to fish for a while. I made some Apo-pie for you to take in case you decide to go into the maze.'     -Apo

Owen smiled softly at this. He knew him too well.

He took the pie and placed it in his inventory, carefully.

"Alright Magic...let's see what you gave me," he muttered and opened the book.

"..."

'Someone wants him gone from clearing'

The writing looked rushed and there were some holes in the pages like Magic was in a hurry to write this.

Him? Who is him? Owen didn't have a clue as he slammed the book shut.

His voices were theorizing about who could it be and many of them were suggesting Apo.

It seemed more than likely that's who Magic was writing about but he'll never know if he doesn't confront her.

Owen ran out to look for Magic. It wasn't that hard since she was waiting for him.

"So?" She asked.

"What the heck is this!" Owen held up the book, gingerly.

"Did you read it?" Magic asked, twiddling her thumbs.