On the Straight and Arrow

Paige's POV 

Today Max texted me that he finally booked his band a gig.

The next morning Max and I were standing next to our lockers when Phoebe's friend Cherry ran in. 

"My parents set up an appointment for me to take my drivers test this Friday." Cherry said. 

"OMG, Cherry, drive far away and take my sister with you." Max said in his girl voice. 

"Max, be nice." I said and hit his stomach. 

"That's like telling a bat not to fly." Max said as we walked back to our lockers. 

"Cherry driving makes me nervous." I said and Max nodded. 

Then I looked over and saw my dad talking to Max's bandmates. 

"Oh come on." I said, Max had already started walking over there. 

I quickly followed him. 

"Thunderman." My dad said. 

"Bradford." Max said. 

"Daughter." My dad said. 

"Father." I said and came up behind Max. 

"Guys, I though we were loading all our gear in Wolfgang's car." Max said. 

"Yeah about that, Wolfgang's car's in Germany." Oyster said. 

"Vroom vroom Dutchland." Wolfgang said. 

Are all teenagers weird in Germany or is it just Wolfgang? 

"Guys we needed that car to get to our gig on Friday." Max said. 

"Man, this band's a mess, we don't speak the same language, we don't have a car, and we had to settle for Gideon." Oyster said. 

"Ok, one, no one's more upset about Gideon than I am, two, I think I know where we can get a car." Max said and looked at Chery. 

I sighed and realized I have to be at class. 

"I have to get to class, good luck with the car." I told Max. 

"Ok, see you later." He said, kissed my lips and I walked to History. 

Later in the day, after school, Max texted me to met at his house. 

When I walked up, Cherry was leaving and Max followed her out. 

"A minivan, score." Max said and banged on the door. 

"Hey babe." He said and pecked my lips. 

We went inside and I did my homework while Max played video games. 

Then after 15 minutes, Max got restless and made me cuddle with him while we watched TV. 

The next day I was at lunch and Max came up behind me and slung an arm around my shoulder. 

"How'd Cherry's gym class go?" I asked him because I haven't seen Cherry yet. 

"Not so good, she kind of shot an arrow and it went into your dad's foot, and he gave her detention this afternoon, now she can't take her drivers test, and we won't have a car to bring our equipment to the gig." Max said angrily. 

"You'll be find baby." I said and kissed his cheek. 

After school let out I met Max by our lockers, Phoebe was there too, when I walked up I saw him hit his face with a textbook.