Exit Stage Theft

Paige's POV 

"Hi babe," I said and kissed Max's cheek. 

"Hey." He said and kissed mine back as he grabbed his guitar. 

"Hey Max, I need to talk to you." Phoebe said and came up next to Max. 

"I know what you're going to say, and no, I did not steal Cherry's laptop." Max said. 

"I know, I was going to ask if you heard anything, you're a jerk, you're not heartless." Phoebe said. 

"I am too heartless." Max said and I rolled my eyes. 

Yeah, someone heartless would buy their girlfriend a fluffy pink pillow and proceed to sleep on it with her. 

"Hello, would you like to buy a candy bar to save the pandas?" Some guy said and offered us candy bars. 

"Of course, how could I say no to that little face." Max said and bought a candy bar, and so did I. 

"Hey, Phoebe, come back here and admit I'm heartless." Max said and speed walked after Phoebe. 

I shook my head and went to History. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Max walking angrily through the hallway. I would've said something, but he looked really mad. 

"Paige, we have to talk." Max said and came up to me. 

"Ok." I said, nervously wondering what he wanted, he is mad right now so it can't be good. 

"I can't see you anymore." Max said, looking at me still with a pissed off face, but I swear I could see sadness in his eyes. 

"What? Why?" I asked, my voice breaking. 

"You made me go too soft, I need to be with a girl that will make me a real man, bye." Max said and stomped away. 

I was about to burst into tears so I sprinted to my new hiding spot in my dad's office, inside one of the cupboards, and I cried there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I stayed in my hiding spot most of the day, but came out to see the talent show. 

 I saw Phoebe and Cherry on the way to the door. I  stood behind my dad so I could sneak in behind his back. 

"Woah, Phoebe, only performers allowed Phoebe." My dad said and didn't let them.  

"Actually, Principal Bradford we hoped to enter as a last minute act." Phoebe said. 

"Annoying me is not a talent." My dad said and I rolled my eyes, it's true though, it doesn't take talent to annoy him. 

"Actually, we have a lot of talents, now excuse us as we go over there and chose one." Phoebe said and her and Cherry walked away. 

Yeah, they probably don't have an idea. 

I tired to sneak in but my dad stuck his arm out in front of me. 

"Nope." He said and I just went back to my hideout in my dad's office and played on my phone. 

I came back out after an hour for the talent show. 

Most of them were quite good. 

Then Max and his band went on. And surprisingly Phoebe and Cherry were with them.

Phoebe and Cherry were doing a magic act where Cherry was floating in the air, playing the cowbell. 

After they were done I was walking through the hallway and Max came around the corner and I just took a drink at the drinking fountain, hoping he would just walk past me. 

I was wrong. 

"Paige, look I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said, you're the best girl a guy could ever have, I let someone saying I wasn't heartless go to my head, and I was a real jerk, will you take me back?" Max said and looked at me with desperateness in his eyes, which surprised me because I've never seen him act like this, he really  does seem sorry.  

"Ok, I forgive you." I said and hugged him.  

"Oh and I never say sorry so treasure this moment." Max said as we broke apart from the hug. 

"Sure, babe, sure." I said and he slung his arm around my shoulder and we went to Splat Burger.