Ch. 8: Hurtful Words Towards the Plant Man

A day goes by. You're getting off work. You were proud of your evil deed from yesterday with ruining a wedding that would've gone perfect and magical if it wasn't for you. But you didn't care. Any good relationship to you now... was bad in your book. You'll ruin any good relationship between a happy couple now. You did say this, "If I can't have a good love life, nobody can." 

You're driving down the road and back to your apartment. You've got your radio playing Here to Stay by Korn. You're moving your head to it a bit as you drive down the road. You sing to it a bit as well. 

You say, "Fuck, I love Korn." (One of my favorite bands, btw.) You get a cigarette out and you put it in your mouth. You light it and you smoke it. You roll your window a tad bit to let some smoke out. 

You get to your apartment and you park right outside. You get out of your car and you finish your cigarette. You flick it on the sidewalk and you head for your building. You get upstairs and you get up to your floor. You get to your apartment and you unlock the door. You head inside and you shut the door behind you.

You sigh and you say, "Good to be home." You walk to your couch and you sit down. You sigh and you say, "I'm watching something on TV from YouTube... Ah, I know." You use your Roku remote and you say, "Helluva Boss. Yeah." You put it on and you sit back and smile. You say, "Looks like I know where I'm headed. But who cares?" You continue watching your show.

Your phone suddenly rings and you say, "Who the fuck is calling me?" You pick up your phone and you look to see your mom calling. You say, "Huh... It's mom. Wonder what the old broad wants." You answer it and you say, "Yeah?"

Your mom says, "(Y/N)... It's been a while since I've heard from you. I wanted to call you to see how you were, honey." "And?" "(Y/N). Your father and I are concerned about you. Ever since your breakup with Reginald, you've acted much differently. Even towards US. Your family." "And you figured that out just now? Wow mom. Really?" "Honey. We love you and we'll do anything. Please? Get help. Anything." "Getting help is too expensive. No time. It's a waste of time, mom. People fall back in line and that's that. It's life. Anyways, love you. Bye." "Sweetie, wait. I..." 

You hang up and you put your phone down on the couch. You say, "I love mom, but I wasted two minutes of my time with that conversation." You get up and you say, "I'm grabbing a beer." You walk into your kitchen and you get to your fridge. You open it and you get a beer out. You shut the door and you open the beer. You drink it and you walk back into the living room. You sit down and you continue watching TV.

************************************************

Later on, Bushroot is out and shopping at a grocery store. He's getting more beer and plant stuff for his plants. Despite not having taking care of himself, he still puts his plants before himself. He seems to be getting worse, himself. 

His foliage hair grew a bit more and it's almost long. He's got bags under his eyes from a lack of sleep, he's wearing a flannel shirt, blue jeans that look tattered, etc. He hasn't taken proper care of himself. And to top it off... he actually hasn't showered very much. He had fallen into that much depression because he knows he won't get you back, anyways. 

He gets his stuff and he pays for it and heads out. He gets to his car and he gets his stuff in the backseat. He sighs and he says, "Alright. I'm going home and taking care of my plants. What the hell is the point of taking care of myself when I'll never win her back? Even if I were back on track?" 

He suddenly looks to see a bunch of people walking down the street. He says, "What's going on?" He walks over and he gets to a random pelican man saying, "Hey. What's happening? Some event?"