Ch. 14: A Redo (In the Garden)

Friday gets here. You're home from work. Bushroot is still at work at the moment. With you is Splatter Phoenix. You're both sitting on the couch as you talk. You say, "Reggie has a surprise for me at the garden. This time, things will be different." 

Splatter Phoenix says, "Good. Listen, girl. No matter what, I was by your side. I didn't care what you did... most of the time. I won't lie though... Deep down inside, even I thought you've gone insane." You say, "I figured you were hiding it, just for my sake. I'm not surprised. I've had every super villain react to me like that. I was that bad, Splats. I'm just happy Reggie's alive. He's doing better." 

She says, "At least he's getting back into shape. Better than what he was doing after your guys' breakup. When is this new setup in the garden? I know it's today." You say, "This evening. Reggie's working until 4pm. He quit drinking, so that's good. I'm still in the process of quitting smoking, myself. It's hard to do after starting." 

She says, "Yeah... Even as a super villain, that's the most shocking fucking thing I've seen happen to any couple in St. Canard. Villain or not. Those relationships you've ruined were still nothing compared to the conflict you and Bushroot had after the breakup. I mean damn. It took him doing THAT to get you back." 

You sigh and you say, "I at least still had a soft spot for kids. But after Reggie's suicide attempt, I've regretted every goddamn thing I put him through. I was just so sad and angry that it blinded me with rage and zero remorse. I've been hurt by guys too many times... But I loved Reggie so much that when he made that ambush for me in the garden... it made me feel sick to my stomach. But it ended up turning me into a psychotic sociopathic freak. And to the point where even super villains were saying, "Damn, woman." 

She says, "Girl. You grew on me. It didn't matter to me whether or not you're a villain or not. I got to know you... and you remind me so much of my aunt Jacinta. Rest that woman's soul. She was the best aunt I could have."

You say, "Reggie's the most handsome man I've ever seen. I hated what I became after I breakup. when I was a child, I feared women like that the most... and I became the very thing I've feared. I can't imagine Gosalyn's reaction towards me. She hasn't seen me since you and I protested in the middle of the city about how bad relationships are. I had to quote on quote 'warn her' the dangers of being in a relationship. I just don't want her dealing with the same thing I did. I'm her babysitter." 

You sigh and you say, "Well... was. After my drastic change, Drake didn't risk having ME babysit her anymore. Can't blame him. I don't want any kid to grow like that. Be influenced so badly. You know?" Splatter Phoenix says, "Let's just hope the garden setup's better than last time." 

************************************************

Later on in the evening, you're walking towards the garden you and Bushroot were at the day he ambushed you. You just knew that today was going to be much different than the last time. He told you to meet him there. He's there right now.

You get in the garden and you walk around. You look at the flowers. They gasp as they see you. You stop and you sigh. They notice your reaction and they suddenly feel... safer. Now they sense that you won't do harm to them... anymore. It's just that you were so mad at Bushroot after the ambush for you the last time that it took its toll on you. 

You say, "Don't worry guys... I won't do it again. I swear to you. I hate what I became after the breakup. I loved you guys so much. I loved flowers, plants, trees... Reggie and I are soulmates. I was just so damn angry with him. I had high hopes for him. And after that harsh setup he had for me... it destroyed me inside. Made me into a remorseless, spiteful, sociopathic wench. I'm so sorry for how I was... Can you all forgive me?" 

They smile and they nod. Some little trees and flowers hug you. You sigh and you smile. You say, "Thank you." They giggle. They move away. One flower says, "Bushroot's waiting for you, miss." You say, "Thank you, Daisy." You walk to the same spot Bushroot took you. Where the rose bush is. One of the pansies says, "I knew she was hiding something deep inside after turning." 

You get to the location of the rose bush you admired and you stop as you see them. But you don't see Bushroot. You look at the rose bush. You sigh and you say, "It's so beautiful. I forgot how much I loved these... because I hated a lot of things except my parents, kids and animals... and Splats." 

As you stare at the rose bush, you suddenly hear this, "(Y/N)." You turn around and you see Bushroot. You're face to face with him. He approaches you and says, "(Y/N)... Sweetheart." You look at him.

You're standing close to him, now. He says, "I want to make this all up to you. That thing you said in the middle of the city, babe... my heart dropped. It nearly destroyed me. Ate away at me inside when you said what I thought I had planned for you before the ambush. But... now things are going to change." You look at him.

He says, "(Y/N)... I want to make this all up to you. So please... give me a second chance here?" You look at him. He grabs your hand. You grab his. He says, "The last time we were here... What I did. It was uncalled for. And I regret it so damn much." You say, "I hate what I became after." 

He lets go of your hand and he says, "Close your eyes... I've got something for you." You do. About five seconds later he says, "Okay... Open." You open your eyes and you look to see a small box in his hand. You gasp and you say, "R-Reggie. Is that... what I think it is?"

He says, "I told you I'd make it all up to you, (Y/N). And I love you so much. Even if it was nearly taking my own life to have you back." You put your hand over your (mouth/beak). You look at him. He grabs your hand and he kneels down.

He says, "I'm about to make all of your hopes actually be... Well, hopeful." You look down at him, having high hopes. He looks up at you and he pops the little box open to reveal... a ring. You gasp. He looks up at you and says, "(Y/N)... Will you marry me?" 

Your (lip/beak) quivers and you feel tears in your eyes. He says, "Baby... I'm so sorry for the last time. You're the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life. So... What do you say, huh? Will you be my wife?" You look at Bushroot. Your response is this... "Reggie... Yes."