chapter 1

you wake up to the wailing sound of your alarm clock, begging for you to wake up. you hit it a little too hard and it breaks. pieces of plastic are now all over your small bedroom's floor. you get up, not fazed by what you just did, and make your way to do all of your stuff to get ready for school. you didn't sleep well last night, well, you haven't for the past few weeks. every single time you try to close your eyes and relax, you can never find the peace of sleep. you only get about 2-4 hours of sleep every night. its really not good for you, but you don't really care.

you take a short, but worth it shower, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, change into your clothes, and start to head out the door. you grab your keys from your bedside table and go outside to find your car. it was an 85 jeep cherokee and you treated it like its your baby. you wave goodbye to your house and hop in your car, start the engine with the twist of a simple key and make your way to school. you grew up in a middle class house or life. it has always been pretty easy money wise for you. as you're on your way to school, you turn on the radio and find your favorite song on. you roll down the windows, turn the volume all the way up and just relax and sing to it. these were the moments where you could just escape from reality. you cope with music. great day of 86.

you pull into the crowded school and turn down your radio while trying to find a parking spot while yelling and honking at people who seem to want to get ran over. you find a parking spot and get out of your car, lock it, and make your way to the gym. there's a pep rally going on today. you think that they're stupid. all they do is perform flips and give shitty speeches. you can do better stuff at this time. like get high. as you're walking into the gym, you scan the room for your best friend, mary, you guys have been best friends since 3rd grade you both are inseparable. you find her in the bleachers standing next to a guy with a strange hat, with a hawaiin shirt on as a jacket. he was standing next to a guy who was wearing a shirt with devils and weapons on it. she wasn't talking to them but they easily stood out. you climb through the bleachers to reach her and eventually get to her.

"hey," you say. she returns the same phrase

"are you excited to get peppy?!" she asks

we both laugh and you reply with, "totally."

"guess what," you ask

"what?" she replies. "I almost ran over like 40 people today."

"wow that's your new record," she jokes

"thank you, I'm very proud of myself." 

before she can reply,  music starts playing which means the cheerleaders are about to start their wonderful dancing. how fun.

it seems like it took hours for their dance to finish when it really only took 3 minutes. jason starts talking about the shitty games tonight and how they're going to win. you're uninterested with everything that he's saying until one thing he says catches you. he started talking about how the poor kids that died, died for them to win the game. this is unbelievable. they died for them to win a stupid game that didn't even matter?? jason didn't even care about any of them, hell he made fun of some of them. now he's acting like he knew them since they were children and were always together, having fun times. without thinking, you get up from your seat, enraged and yelled at him, "you're a fucking pussy, what the hell is wrong with you for saying that. you have no right to mention them, hell even say their names. they did not die for you to win some stupid game. they didn't even want to die. so shut the fuck up!" the whole gym went silent and all heads turned to you. whispers are the only thing heard at this moment. jason is about to start speaking when, suddenly, the guidance counselor yells your name and tells you to go to her office. as you're walking down the bleachers, you turn to look at your best friend, her mouth is wide open in shock. she knew you had a loud mouth but she didn't know you could do that. shes not the only thing that caught your eye, the boys to the right of her also had their mouths wide open. as well in shock.