chapter 6

before i start this chapter, im just going to say that idk how to smoke weed, i don't do it, i don't smoke at all. so, if i get anything wrong in this chapter abt smoking, now you know why. and I'm sorry i haven't posted a chapter in a few days, I've been busy.

__________________________________________

"yeah when you least expect it," eddie says.

"at least you're honest," you shrug your shoulders.

he motions for you to sit across from him on the picnic table, you comply. as you're sitting down, he rolls up the weed in paper and lights it with his lighter. after he gets a breath or wtv out of it, he gives it to you for your turn. you take a big breath in and exhale, smoke all in your face. you like smoking weed, it gets stuff off your mind. like your parents, or just people in general. it was like music to you, a coping method.

"so," eddie starts, "why were you sitting alone at lunch, I've seen you with another girl."

"that's mary and she does band so she has to practice usually during lunch. i didn't know you stalk me," you explain.

"well, if jason ever tries to pull anything like that again, tell me, and ill kick his ass," eddie declares, completely ignoring your remark.

"don't worry, i will," you reassure him with a big smile. you look away after you do that, but he doesn't. he doesn't stop staring at you. you notice it from the corner of your eye but you don't say anything. 20 seconds pass and you can't take it anymore. "do you like what you see," you stand up and say, throwing your hands on your hips, posing. he chuckles and replies, "yeah actually i do, your smile is really pretty," he says honestly. you stop posing and just look at him. neither of you could look away. your y/e/c eyes were piercing into his autumn brown ones. it was like an invisible force was holding your head, forcing you to look at him. he is really adorable. his shirt, rings, long hair, jeans, smile, and completely and utterly gorgeous hands really compliment him well. you hate to admit it but he is really attractive. you're not into him though, you reassure yourself.

"hello, y/n," eddie says in a singsong voice.

you snap out of your gaze and realize that you had completely been staring at him. "oh sorry, i just zoned out, i didn't sleep well last night," you lie.

"ah well i think you like what you see now," he jokes. he stands up and moves his hands in the air and down his body like he's showing off a new dress he got. you roll your eyes playfully and shove his shoulder a little bit. he gasps sarcastically and holds his hands over his heart. before you know it, he shoves you back and you stumble on the ground. "ow," you mutter. eddie bends down next to you with a concerned look on his face. "are you okay, y/n i didn't mean t-" he starts and before he can finish, you grab his hand and pull him to the ground as well. he laughs in defeat and you laugh in victory. hanging out and getting high with him is actually fun, you thought. you both lay on your backs, staring at the baby blue sky, just inches apart, but you both didn't mind. he rolls over to look at you, so you do the same. and you both just stare at each other like earlier, except this time is different. this time the staring went both ways. neither of you were uncomfortable, or awkward, or nervous. you both felt at home and calm with each other and neither of you wanted this moment to end. before you know it, your hand reaches over to his messy, brown hair and you run your fingers through his hair. it actually isn't surprisingly knotty. its silky and soft you didnt expect it. eddie then did the unexpected, he leaned in towards you and kissed your lips gently. he quickly pulled away when he realized what he was doing. "I'm high. that was just a high that i just did that. i don't like you. i mean- i don't have a crush on you," eddie stutters and stands up immediately, you do the same as well.

"yeah I'm high too, that didnt mean anything," you lie. "i should get going," you both say in sync. and both of you left like you were never there.