Page 5: driving my love

"Hey, Sunny" I put my hand on his, he looked down at them.

"You didn't answer my-"

"Sunny." I interrupted his sentence abruptly.

"N/n?" He looked to me saddened

"I'm taking you outside and nothing's changing my mind."

"Alright." He started to smile. We got up from the couch.

"Do you ummm have a change of clothes er something?" I asked him looking him up and down. He put on an awkward smile. "OH sorry, you look beautiful, you just aren't dressed casual enough for today's standards, sorry."

"It's fine. Anyway, yeah I have some pajamas, but not a lot more."

"Yeah that should work." He nodded and walked over to a changing room to change his clothes.
Eventually he came out in these midnight blue pajama pants with stars on them and a regular shirt.

"Oh, uh hey Star?" Sundrop said with worry in his voice

"Yeah?" I put my attention on him

"I need a flashlight be- because I um .. I'M AFRAID OF THE DARK, yeah, yeah I'm afraid of the dark is all." He sounded nervous.
I walked up to where he stood.

"Hey, Sunshine it's all good. I've got a flashlight and nothing's gonna happen, bring back that pretty smile." I cupped his face.
He sighed

"Star,.." he began to smile again. I let go of his face looking away.

"Alright, let's get outta here." I took his hands again and we made our way down from the tower It was too early for anyone to come check up on us.

We got out of the pizza plex eventually.

"Wow,.. this is amazing.." he looked in aw of the outsides beauty, but really we'd only just stepped foot out the pizza plex into the parking lot. like when i first got here my car was the only one parked. the sun was setting beautifully.

"There's a lot to see." I smiled and he took my hands into his.

"Show me!" His eyes lit up like stars dancing round in space.

"Well that's my car, hop in." I got in the car trying to demonstrate how it works and he picked up on it. "Do you like music?" i asked

Gosh Y/n the only music he's ever heard is that nonstop tune playing in the daycare. i realized

"What's music?" he questioned

'"hard to explain... " i trailed off "Here just listen to this" i popped a cassette into my radio before reading the label.

guitars, basses, and synthesizers started to harmonize. a feminine voice began singing in Japanese.
This went on for a while me and sunny sat quietly. he was looking up at the sky. He looked out of the corner of his eye catching me in the act. i quickly looked away to the sky, soon he did too.
my hand moved out of my lap to the center area and his hand moved out of his to my hand, and i felt like a dream.

"driving my love"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
482 words
sorry for the long wait in between chapters I'll try to update more frequently from now on