𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗 | 𝟸𝟺 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

24 July 2005

SUNDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 [𝐘/𝐍] first heard about the 'Mikey and Draken factions', to say she was pissed off was an understatement.

Pah's arrest certainly triggered something deep within [y/n]; reminding her of that fateful night all those years ago. When she lost not just the man she considered her older brother but as well as the boy she first opened up to, and him in kind.

[y/n]'s first reaction when she heard the news was that she wanted to break Pah out - as any friend would do. But her logical reason over ruled what her heart wanted; that Pah was the one who made the decision to be arrested, and that she needed to respect his resolve.

As predicted by her when she next saw Mikey and Draken, they both had those opposing views. But what she wasn't expecting was a violent argument to erupt between the two and not leave the confutation unscathed.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

[TWO DAYS PRIOR...]

[y/n]'s pov

A few moments after I received the message about Pah's arrest and incarceration, Draken had messaged me an emergency message stating that him, Mikey and I needed to meet up.

When I had arrived outside Mikey's apartment complex, I noticed that Draken had gotten there before me.

From a distance, I could already hear an aggressive argument, throwing insults and nearly on the brink of throwing punches.

"Oi! Chill it you two!" I yell out while walking over to the two, making my presence known and the two finally breaking their glaring match, "Pah just got put into the slammer, and you're arguing for what?"

Mikey was the first one to jump in, "[y/n]-chin! We need to get Pah-chin out!" He yells, his comment visibly angering the taller blonde.

"No, you little shit. It was Pah's decision to be taken, and we need to respect that," Draken argues back.

The two then continued to dish out insults between each other, and I began to feel the irritation rise, "hey, would you two stop arguing! Can't we just talk this out like normal people?!" I yell out.

Raising my voice most likely added fuel to the already raging fire, but talking calming obviously isn't getting through to them. They finally took a pause, turning to now glare at me.

I didn't back down, sending them my own glare, "look, I get where you're coming from Mikey. When I first heard I wanted to get him out as well," my statement made Mikey give a victory smile towards Draken, and in turn, he glowered, "but at the end of the day, it was Pah's decision to turn himself in."

At that, I nod my head, finishing my case and opinion.

"Oh? So you're on Draken's side, huh?!" Mikey accused, pointing his finger at my chest.

I scoff at his assumption, "I never said that Mikey," I state, folding my arms into my chest.

"Then whose side are you on?" Mikey then questioned, scowl deepening.

"For fucks sake, Mikey, we aren't five?!" I yell, and at my raised voice and insult, Mikey turned his rage onto me.

Before Mikey could take a step towards me, Draken grabbed violently onto his shoulder, "don't you fucking think about it," he states.

Mikey shoved Draken's grip off of his shoulder, "you saying that I was going to hit her?!" He screamed.

From his stance, I knew Mikey was about to throw the first punch, so I quickly moved towards Mikey's form. I grab him from behind, wrapping my arms under his arms to hug him in a vice like grip, ripping him away before he could land a hit and regret his actions later.

As if instinct kicked in, Mikey tried to get out of my hold, thrashing his arms and torso around.

"Calm down-" before I could finish my sentence, an elbow was thrown into my face, slamming directly up into my nose.

White pain coursed through my face, and I staggered back, clutching my right hand to my face. Black stars flew across my vision, and I could feel the blood that dripped down my forearm from my nose.

I curse out a large, "FUCK!" as I try to regain my balance and composure.

"Look what you've fucking done, Mikey!" I hear Draken yell out.

I look up to meet the concerned gaze of Draken, as well as the guilty and terrified pair that belonged to Mikey.

"[y/n]....I-" Mikey began, causing me to lift my non-bloodied hand.

"It's fine... just," I sigh out, removing my hand from my face to look directly into my palm that held a pool of blood and nasal fluid, "it's... okay, Mikey," was all I could only muster.

I knew from the wave of pain that lashed up from my nose and the way it bent a different way, it was most definitely fractured. It wasn't the first time my nose had been broken, but it certainly didn't null the pain that made my head feel like it was on cloud 9.

"I think I need to go get this checked," was all I said, before turning away, walking in the direction towards the hospital a few blocks away.

"Oi! [y/n]! I'm taking you," Draken calls out from behind.

"No! I should be the one to fix this!" Mikey yells, a crack evident in his voice.

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder, "you've done enough," Draken spat, his voice closer to me than before.

"It's okay, Mikey," I call out again, and at that, Draken pulled me in the direction to where his bike was parked, "it's okay... Mikey," I mutter to myself.

Draken hops on first, and I sat behind him, "sorry if I get my blood all over your cardigan," I say, wiping as much blood onto my shirt before gingerly wrapping my arms around his torso.

I could hear Draken's smirk, "it's not like it isn't the first time," he states, before revving his bike into life, speeding off towards the hospital, leaving the shaking blonde that still had my blood coating the back of his shirt.

| 1023 words |