𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖 | 𝟹 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝

╔. ■ .═══════╗

3 August 2005

WEDNESDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 [y/n]'s initial plan to spend her afternoon into the evening going to the festival, let alone play fifth wheel to two couples, but as usual Emma and Hina seemed to convince [y/n] otherwise.

The convincing really only included that Emma would treat [y/n] to a food stand.

Draken and [y/n] ended up bumping into each other on the walk over, opting to meet with Takemichi together, and wait for the other two by the entrance. They had arrived outside the gate almost an hour before Emma and Hina finally decided to show up; almost having [y/n] hold Draken back as he grew impatient.

"Hey guys, we're here!" Emma shouted out, grabbing the attention of the three.

While Takemichi's face grew into a large grin, Draken only deadpanned, "sure took you long enough," he states.

"Hey, Emma! Let's go, you owe me," [y/n] calls back, turning to walk into the festival.

As [y/n] began to take in the bright lights, the packed booths that held foods and gifts, she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders. She didn't push away, as it was a grasp she was familiar with from all of her friends.

[y/n] looked up and came to face Draken, almost having to bite back a grimace, "why don't you walk with Emma?" She asks, while looking over her shoulder to notice Emma's dejected look.

Although Emma knew this was a normal embrace [y/n] received from most of the guys she knew, and had been a tradition for over a decade, Emma couldn't stop the jealousy that bubbled from the affectionate embrace Draken gave [y/n].

"Why would I do that?" Draken questions, looking down at [y/n] with his eyebrow raised, "last festival I took her around, and I barely got to talk to you with Mikey dragging you away every two minutes," he continues, with [y/n] unable to find a rebuttal.

[y/n] only hummed in reply, before her gaze was set on a booth selling hot pastries, with dorayaki being on the centre table. Her eyes lit up, moving to quicken her pace, thus causing Draken to loose his embrace.

"Emma! Come here!" [y/n] motions over, rushing towards the food stand.

[y/n] excitedly claps her hands together as she stares at the steaming cakes that looked as if they just came off the frying pan.

"Could I get three dorayaki please," [y/n] asks the man behind the station, who gives her a customary smile, using his set of tongs to pick them up and fold them in a napkin.

As [y/n] grasped the napkin containing the three hot pastries, money was placed into the seller's hand. [y/n] looked over to where she thought Emma stood, but instead noticed it was Draken who handed over his money.

"W-Woah, Draken, Emma said she would be the one to pay," [y/n] berates, scanning over the crowd to see where Emma was.