1

I was sitting on my bed, making use of as much spare time I had, until they called me to do something else again and then I saw something slip from under my door, specifically an envelope. It wasn't like the other mail I had gotten, which I rarely receive. An envelope with a red stamp in the middle, and my name written in cursive at the back.

I walked towards the door, and bent down to pick it up, quickly admiring the cover, I opened the envelope with one tear at the corner and unfolded the paper, to find out that this letter was a reply from Cardinam Hills high. I was shocked. Shocked was an understatement, I was astonished.

I quickly sat down on my bed and began reading to find out I had been accepted.

My eyes expanded to the size of Australia and I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, not that I would've minded, this was too good to be true

My eyes expanded to the size of Australia and I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, not that I would've minded, this was too good to be true. I read over it several times to make sure it didn't enter one side of my brain and leave through the other whilst processing this new profound information.

And then I realised that the driver would be coming on January 4th, which is in fact tomorrow. I had a moment of shock before I eagerly shot up and started walking around with a slight sense of panic, and then came through a knock on the door.

"Fleuretta, you're late. Head to the main kitchen chambers, now!" Madame Laurence yelled out, I stood in silence before I heard her trod off. 

I let out a short sigh, and grumbled a few incoherent words, before quickly tying my hair up in white hair-bow.

Walking outside and shutting my door, I quickly speed-walked to the kitchen chambers and assisted Madame along with all the other senior orphans here.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Returning to my room, I quickly began packing my items, I obviously couldn't take everything so I packed the necessary and above. Surprisingly enough, there was still some space left so I put in some leftover snacks which I sneaked in from the kitchen. It's not like we're provided with sufficient food anyways, we make it all but don't eat it all and who knew what we get provided with on campus. 

I heard a small knock, following with my name, "Fleuretta?".

I walked to my door and slightly opened it, and recognising my best friend waiting there impatiently.

"Shanti?, Come inside..." I looked back into my room, and figured I'd have to tell her anyways.

"I came here to ask if y-" She stopped midway looking at my bags, bewildered, then shaking it off and continuing, "Oh, you got accepted."