2

"Shanti?, Come inside..." I looked back into my room, and figured I'd have to tell her anyways.

"I came here to ask if y-" She stopped midway looking at my bags, bewildered, then shaking it off and continuing, "Oh, you got accepted." 

"Right, yes I did, sorry I couldn't tell you earlier, I-" I got cut off by an embrace, I stood their startled before returning the embrace.

"I knew you'd get in! But I won't have my best friend here with my anymore, although that's alright just remember to talk to me once you've made new friends there!" 

This is the Shanti I know, she'll always be happy for you and thats what I love about her. 

We continued talking for a bit and we bid our farewells as the final curfew bells rang, since she couldn't meet me tomorrow as she was put on cleaning duty in the morning.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Fleuretta, come out here this instance!" I heard a voice calling out to me as I rubbed my eyes and stood up, seeing black dots from the lack of iron. I stumbled across the wooden floors, shivering from the lack of warmth in seconds.

Walking towards my door, I unlocked it while my eyes were still adjusting to the brightness.

"Care to explain why there's a driver asking to transport you to some 'prestigious' academy?" Madame Laurence interrogated, bewildered. 

"Oh, right, I got a scholarship at this school..." I stated, afraid what the future would hold.

"Look, I don't have energy for this, you can leave right now, but don't come running back here when they kick you out." She rambled on, grumbling a few incoherent words in between, as she stomped off.

I quickly got dressed into something comfy and did my hair, I also splashed my face with water to actually look awake. (A/N: Picture of outfit above) Stumbling across to the front of the orphanage, I saw a middle-aged man in a suit with a slick black, phantom Rolls Royce. 

Quickly, shutting my mouth, to avoid flies entering, my eyes shrunk to their normal size as I walked across to the car, and noticed the man talking to Monsieur Charles, Madame Laurences' husband. 

I halted in my steps just as they both looked towards me, swallowing my fear, I pushed my legs forwards, holding a fake smile, I walked towards them.

"Ah, Fleuretta, you must be excited." Uttered Monsieur Charles, with a smirk on his wonky face, making it seem like he's in some case of pain.

I stifled a laugh, and the man looked at me, amused.

"Good Morning, Miss Moulin, I will be your personal driver for this trip, my name is Christopher Barlow, you can call me Chris." Chris announced.

"Well, it was great meeting you, Mr. Charles," He spoke, "Although, we've got a long trip ahead."

"Ah, correct, wouldn't want to keep you waiting, would we? Well, Fleuretta, we will miss you here, have a safe trip." Monsieur Charles looked at me, with an evil glint in his eyes also full of anger, hard to decipher. He's mad alright. Psychotic even. But we already established that. 

I hurriedly got into the car, not looking back as Chris put my bag away and started driving, not before pressing some button to close the partition in between.

And here I thought he was a nice guy, although it's probably protocol. I scoffed, acting like this was a spy movie. 

I took a nice nap, closing my eyes, as I drifted off into obscurity. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Ma'am, we've arrived. Please wake up." Rubbing my eyes, to be presented with black dots, I ran my hands through my messy, slightly knotted hair, forming a scowl on my face.

"How many hours was I asleep?" I grumbled, doubting if he understood my half normal talk and mumbling combined. 

"Possibly a total of 6 hours, along with the breaks in between, that was the length of the trip and you were asleep during most of that duration..." Chris spoke, his mind wandering off into the distance, while taking the bags out. 

"So, what do I do now?" I stated in pure, utter confusion.

"Well for starters, you enter and use the instructions in the letter that was given to you?" He spoke flawlessly, knowing each word.

"Well alright, thank you Chris." I thanked him, walking him and waving back at him.

I walked inside, catching the attention of many students wandering around, feeling the heat rise up to my cheeks, I continued walking, dragging my suitcase along, pulling my sleeves down in the process, feeling insecure.

I bit the inside of my cheeks, and walked onwards until I arrived at the administration office. Moving forwards, I knocked on the door with the label in gold 'Principals Office', with the principals name in bold underneath.

"Come in!" I heard from across the door, from the other-side or the Upside down, I smiled to myself. 

I slowly twisted the door handle and walked inside.

"Fleuretta." I froze. 

AN - IM SO SORRY IM REALLY SLOW W WRITING AND PUBLISHING BECAUSE OF SCHOOL 😭 FORGIVE ME