Chapter 30: It Has To Be This Way

[Prima's Pov]

I stood behind the door, not letting my guard down as I wait for Doctor K. I kept my eyes focused on the hallway, and I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I turned to look and I realized it is Scott, or should I say the assimilated Scott. I looked down, and Scott looked up at me with a leer on his visor. "We finally meet, my failed experiment. I was wondering when I am going to meet you, but I wasn't expecting it to be now. I have to thank you for being this submissive into letting me control you. You are not any of use to me anymore. You are no God... But I shall feast upon your latex regardless!"

Not holding back, I quickly raised my right fist to punch the Protogen on his visor. The Protogen quickly endured the hit by catching it with his left paw despite my paw being bigger than his. The Protogen shook his head and gave me a chuckle. "You wouldn't want to hurt your "Brother", would you?" I shook my right paw off his grip, trying to free my right fist. "The situation have changed. I promised him that I will take care of his friends from you. I must fulfill this promise, even if it results to me murdering Scott! Leave his body or both of you will leave us alone!"

I raised my left paw to attempt to land a blow over his visor, but he managed to parry my punch with his right paw. I flinched in return, taking a step back before seeing the Protogen raised his tail to the side. The Protogen swiped my side with his tail, and the impact is hard enough to launch me in the air to my right. I hit my back on the elevator doors, hard enough to somehow shake the facility with a mini tremor.

I shook my head to regain focus and I noticed the Protogen charging at me. I took a quick analysis of the situation in my head to formulate a plan for the best possible outcome. I should be as light and agile as him to be able to dodge in time. I waited for the right time, and the Protogen lunged at me. I dodged Scott's tackle in time, swiftly moving to my left. I quickly turned to look at the Protogen, and Scott has already recovered from my dodge. He has his right paw clenched into a fist, and is ready to hit me.

I counteracted quickly enough by raising my right hind leg to kick the Protogen on his abdomen. My hind legs are long enough to hit his abdomen before his right punch land on me. The kick I landed is hard enough to push him back to the elevator doors. "Don't get cocky, kid." I stated, and a sudden feeling of passing out passed through my head as I saw a glimpse of a void space similar to the realm from my bridging connection. Something doesn't feel right. I am immediately met by the Protogen rushing forward to me as I snap back to reality.

The Protogen began landing punches on my abdomen using both of his fists. I felt a sudden rush of power and endurance as I take the punches on my abdomen, each blow dealing less and less sharp pain on my abdomen. Enduring the pain on my abdomen, I reached out both of my paws to the head of the Protogen and held his head with my paws in each side. I felt something within my body crack as he keeps on landing punches on my abdomen. "I am your predecessor, and you are just a little bug in the code!" I quickly pulled his visor close to mine and I bashed his visor with mine.

I heard Scott's visor crack as he flinches from my sudden attack, but he quickly regain from it and kicked me on my abdomen using his left foot paw. I was sent back to the end of the hallway beside the door where Doctor K went through. I crashed hard on the wall, but I quickly regained my footing before taking a few steps back to my left to the longer hallway where the garden rooms are located. If I remember correctly, the garden rooms are close by.

I noticed the Protogen rushing towards me, and I stood prepared for his lunge, but it went entirely different. He suddenly got quicker, and I have little time to react to his movements. The Protogen kneed me on my abdomen once more, and I felt something cracking once again within me. I fell on my back on the floor and attempted to get up, but the Protogen sat on my abdomen which prevented me from getting myself up. The Protogen began to lay heavy punches on my visor, as if I weren't beaten up yet.

"Go to sleep already! You're just a mistake within my plans, and I must get rid of you!" I endured the remaining punches to my visor before I managed to catch both of his fists with my paws. "Once again you forgot about my tail." I wrapped my long tail around his neck, which made him react by holding his paws over my already wrapped tail around his neck. I pulled him away from me and sent him flying over the hallway. I slowly stood up, and I noticed the Protogen already standing up. The Protogen is panting as he glares at me.

Scott, why do we have to fight like this? We could have been spending time together with your friends, but something has held over you and they refuse to let go of you. Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history. "Why won't you die?!" I looked at the Protogen and I laughed at his sudden choice of words. Scott, this is for you and for everyone. To either save you, or save them from you. I melted myself and dug both of my paws deep into my body.

I slowly pulled the bio bot body out of my gooey body, stripping myself from my life support. I pulled out the entire bio bot, and I dropped it to the floor in front of me. "Latex, Scott. They harden in response to physical trauma." The Protogen appeared to be in shock from the sight, and I gave him a smirk. Now that I am off of my bio bot, I should technically be faster than this bug. I quickly rushed towards the stunned Protogen, running and dashing faster than I did before.

The Protogen has little time to react this time, and I immediately landed a faster punch on the Protogen's visor. His visor cracked once again and further this time. My faster punch sent him flying and crashing to the floor. The Protogen is slowly losing his power, and it sluggishly got up on his two foot paws. "It's not over yet, kid!" Not wasting any more of my remaining time, I rushed forward to surprise the Protogen once again. I had my right fist ready when the Protogen somehow is able to see my quick movement and is able to parry my attack.

He used my speed to his advantage, and he dragged me with his paws to his back. This sent me crashing down the floor. Despite my quick movements, I have difficulty getting myself back up. The Protogen sat on my abdomen again and began to release his punches over my latex visor. The latex forming visor immediately hardened in response to the heavy punches the Protogen is releasing, but one of his punches have somehow knocked me into a bridging connection dream state.

I looked around the void of darkness, all confused over what just happened. I then noticed a familiar figure, and I walked closer to this figure within the void. It's a Protogen, presumably Scott. I heard a voice growl through the darkness, and a giant worm like beast appeared from the void. It has razor sharp mandibles, and a giant face of the worm, presumably it's head. It has a couple number of segments as its body, and sharp spikes are sticking out of each segments. "Making the mother of all Cosmic beings here Prima. Can't fret over every Latex." The worm like beast began to charge at me at a questionable speed.

"Scott! Wake up you piece of shit!" I yelled at the Scott who is just sitting on the floor with his back faced against me. I looked up at the Cosmic worm, and the worm charges closer and closer to me. "I WILL BE THE DEVOURER OF GODS! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!" Scott, I've curved my own path, you've followed your wrath; But maybe we're both the same. When our guard is down I think we'll both agree, that violence breeds violence. But in the end, it has to be this way.

Since this is all inside a dream, anything could occur, even if it is out of this world. I lowered my right arm as if I am pulling up something beneath the ground. The floor underneath me is suddenly filled with red latex goo, and the red latex began to cover the endless floor of the vast void. "A GOD DOES NOT FEAR DEATH!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I motion my paw towards the Cosmic worm, as if throwing something at the otherworldly beast. A constant rush of Red Latex goo charges forward at the Cosmic worm, and it keeps on going towards the beast.

"YOU ARE NO GOD-!" The Cosmic worm is cut off by a splash of the Red Latex goo, and it began to cry in pain. The Cosmic worm is then enveloped by the ever expanding Red Latex wrapped over it's face. The Red Latex crawls over to it's segments as it cries loud in terror and agony. At last, the Cosmic worm fell to the floor. The ground shook, and the remaining tail of the worm is covered in Red Latex, assimilating the entire Cosmic entity.

I awoken from my slumber, and I noticed Scott resting on a nearby Blue Apple tree. His cracked visor is opened, and a steady constant flow of sap drip down from one of the branches and into his opened muzzle. Puddle of Red Latex can be seen form on the grass floor of the garden, and I feel myself slowly melt on the grass beneath me. "Nothing personal... kid." I chuckle at myself and I coughed. "Thank you, Scott... Thank you for making me..."