Chapter 41

♡

Tonight was the feast for the witches.

Aurelia watched the Harvest girls, getting carried through the streets together with Elijah.

Everyone was celebrating and having a good time. This city was just amazing.

The Harvest girls walked to a stage. Davina looked so beautiful. She had recovered and was happy again.

"Now, in accordance with the Fete des Benedictions, the witches of New Orleans bless you all."Genevieve said on the stage. The crowd applauded and cheered as Monique walked in front and lifted her arms. The earth began to shake and rumble making the crowd gasp in shock.

The blond girl, made the wind blow through the streets.

Davina turned around and lit the fireworks making everyone cheer wildly.

Elijah gently wrapped his arm around her as they watched the amazing show in front of them. Aurelia loved all those small moments with him.

Aurelia stood at the entrance to the compound with Elijah, as the Harvest girls entered.

Davina smiled at her, as she passed them, but totally ignored Elijah.

"Davina" He said politely. She turned around with an annoyed look on her face. "Elijah." She almost spat coldly.

"It's lovely to see you. And under far better circumstances." Elijah continued.

"Is it?" She said sarcastically. "My friend Tim is still dead and your brother is still breathing." She snapped.

"Davina, that's enough. Elijah had been a patron to us this evening. We will show him respect." Genevieve said politely.

Davina just turned around and walked away.

"Thank you for all of this." Genevieve said.
"This isn't for you. You know as well as I that your people would never accept a truce unless we showed them some respect. So be it. Enjoy your party." Elijah said to her.

Just as Genevieve walked away, Hayley walked in.
"Strange. I thought you'd be in the company of your colorful friends." Elijah said to her.

"I'm going inside." Aurelia quickly said pouting inside.
"Good to see you Hayley."  She said smiling at her before walking off.

Genevieve hit her glass and started her speech, as Aurelia was speaking with Davina.

"Welcome. As is our time-honored tradition, you are all welcome to deliver your offerings. It is out custom that no one should be turned away, no blessing be denied." She said raising her glass.

Aurelia stayed with Elijah and followed him around, as he talked with others as the party was going on.

It felt like they were a real couple now.

Aurelia noticed that Davina wasn't receiving any gifts. She looked uncomfortable and she suddenly stood up and stormed out of the room.

"Excuse me" Aurelia quickly said to Elijah and the couple they were talking to and followed Davina.

"Davina" She called out, turning around the corner. She turned around and looked at her with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Aurelia asked concerned.

Suddenly Josh walked in.
"Josh? What are you doing here?" Davina said a bit surprised.

"What, are you kidding? No way I'd miss out on your big day. Besides, music, wind, fire, the club kid in me is like, in heaven." He answered. He was such a sweet boy. Davina giggled, before she looked down..

"You don't look like you're having much fun, though." He said concerned to Davina. She shook her head.

"Hey, come on. Let's get out of here." Aurelia said grabbing her shoulder.

"Joshua" Klaus suddenly said behind them making them all turn around.

"What a fortunate coincidence finding you here. We have unfinished business." Klaus said smirking.

"You need to leave here right now." Davina spat at him.

"To be fair, love, you're not quite as powerful as you once were, are you? You're in no position to give orders." Klaus said, before flashing to them, grabbing Josh by the neck.

"Come along, lad" He said, leading Josh away. "Ok, can we talk about this?" Josh asked nervously.

"Klaus." Aurelia said warningly. He just looked at her, and continued leading Josh away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please." Klaus said as he walked to the stairs and let go of Josh.

"We're gathered here today to pay homage to our beloved witches. But one very special witch has been utterly ignored. That seems a little unfair to me." Klaus said offering a gift to Davina.

"No. I don't want your gift." She spat at him.

"I understand why you would reject me, given our past. In truth, many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict, which my brother's treaty ended. Your friend Josh was involved in a plot to kill me. It would be well within my right to execute him here and now. But, in the spirit of solidarity, and for your favor, Davina, I hereby pardon him.
Josh, from this day forward, you have nothing to fear from me." Klaus said.

"Please" he added offering Davina the gift again. She hesitantly took the gift from him.

"So are you gonna open it?" Aurelia asked Davina, smiling. She slowly opened it, revealing a ring, with a Lapis lazuli stone, and a spell.

"What is it?" Josh asked, as Davina looked at the paper. "It's the spell that makes daylight rings." She answered a bit surprised.

Aurelia hugged both Davina and Josh, and went to look for Klaus. She found him talking with Hayley, and she decided not to disturb them and instead she went to get a glass of champagne.

Suddenly there was drums playing making rveryone turn around in surprise.

"Happy Fete des Benedictions. We have a message for all of you, from Marcel Gerard." The man in front yelled as they stopped playing the drums.

They took out a knife, and cut their wrist making the crowd gasp.

"Control yourselves. This is a vulgar trick. We do not violate our agreement." He said warningly to the vampires as he walked into to the middle of the room.

Suddenly the lights went out, and the crowd started screaming and panicking.. The room filled with the sound of flesh tearing.

"Aurelia?!" Elijah called out for her with worry in his voice.

Before she could call out for him she felt someone grab her.
"I got you, love." A familiar voice said before flashing them away. Then lights turned on again revealing the mess.

"Elijah?" Hayley called out in panic. Elijah rushed to her side, helping her up.

Klaus let Aurelia go, so that she could walk to Hayley. "Are you okay?" She asked her worried. She nodded in response.

Elijah looked concerned over at Aurelia. She nodded, to assure him that she was fine.

"There will be no peace." Was written on the wall with blood.

"Klaus, would you please take them home?" Elijah asked Klaus, taking about the two girls.

Klaus nodded in response, before Elijah flashed out.

"Thank you." Aurelia said smiling thankfully at Klaus. She loved the sweet side of him, even though he was quite reluctant to show it to any other than her.