Chapter 67

♡

The next day Rebekah went out searching for answers, about how she could bring back Kol.

Elijah went across the river, to train vampires with Marcel, so Aurelia was left at the compound, with Hayley, Jackson, Klaus and little Hope.

Elijah asked Klaus to keep an eye on her, so she was following him around all day.

They sat down with Hayley and Jackson, to discuss how to proceed.

"It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location." Klaus said.

"No. We need all hands on deck here with Hope. Nik, you can compel humans to track your enemies." Jackson interrupted.

"Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?" Klaus hissed.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus. It's about what's best for that little girl." Jackson continued.

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughter!" Klaus said raising his voice.

"Jack, Klaus is right.
Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that either he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion or Freya's powerful enough to save him.
Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there." Hayley said softly.

"But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste." Klaus said self-righteously.

"Just to be clear. I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second I take orders from you." Jackson said harshly before he walked out.

Aurelia walked to her bedroom to rest. After a while Klaus suddenly walked in.

"I was just on the phone with Marcel. Some witches were trying to attack Rebekah, Marcel just saved her in time. Could you please go there and make sure she stays put?" Klaus asked softly. Aurelia nodded in response, before she grabbed a few things and drove off to Marcel's place.

Marcel and Rebekah were talking as she walked in.

"I can take care of myself." She could hear Rebekah say.

"All evidence to the contrary." Marcel said sarcastically.

"Don't be condescending, just because you got to play hero for one tiny moment." Rebekah hissed.

"One tiny, saved your life from certain death moment." Marcel continued.

"Hey." Aurelia said as she walked in.

"How are you?" She asked Rebekah. "I'm alive. And you?" Rebekah said, looking at  baby bump with a smile. "I'm fine." Aurelia answered, smiling reassuringly at her.