[ 8 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

5 days.

Amias has been waiting for a word from you, even a slight hint that you had been thinking of and missing him as he had been doing for you, for 5 fucking days.

And yet, still nothing.

Tossing and turning in bed, his heart ran with a flurry of emotions. Anger, misery, and confusion as to why you had been avoiding him. Why, just a few weeks ago, you and Amias were perfectly happy and content with each other! You and he were practically inseparable.

But now...

Now you had thrown him away. Like a toy that had lost your interest or a common pawn that had outlived its usefulness. He froze.

Was that what he was to you?

No. He refused to believe that (Y/n), his precious and most beloved (Y/n), was capable of breaking his heart so cruelly.

So why?

Why, why, why...

That one question roamed through his mind, scouring his thoughts for any plausible reason as to why the world seemed so against him being happy. Poor, poor Amias, always the matchmaker, never the lover. Falling into a dreamless sleep, the question continued to haunt him.

Each and every night, he lay on his bed, vulnerable to the images his mind conjured, no doubt to torture him even more in addition to your separation. It was always the same setting and plot, with only the people changing through every sequence.

By now, Amias was more than well acquainted with the scenario his brain insisted on being shown in his dreams. It would always start off with you and him, doing the things you used to do with him. But suddenly, just as happiness was right in the palm of his hand, there you were, being taken away from him by other people.

Sometimes it was that loud red-haired god, excitedly yelling and waving his arms about something or the other as he blatantly stole your attention. Other times had Cyrus abusing his position in order to "oversee" your performance as if you weren't performing better at your job than Cyrus did at his. Your oversized pup, Absinthe, was also not exempted as the mutt insisted on monopolizing your time. His own teacher even appeared once, telling you that her student needed to learn the ropes on his own.

But oftentimes, it was that troublesome trio of meddling beings that called themselves the Horsemen that were the biggest offenders. Ah, the Horsemen. He refuses to accept the tiny tidbit of knowledge telling him that they alone could bring about the apocalypse, not when the simmering fury in his soul felt like it was searing him alive while his bitterness cackled at the thought of burning the world along with him.