Prologue

There was once a very powerful sorceress, an elf with power beyond any who held it

There was once a very powerful sorceress, an elf with power beyond any who held it. She was deeply enraptured by the Fairy King, and tried her best to claim him as her own. Her efforts however, were in vain, as he was already in love with another, the beautiful child of a human King.

The Fairy King refused her advances, and in her desperation, tried to make him love her with promises of powers beyond his wildest dreams, and an endless kingdom farther than the eye could see. Complete and utter control of the entire world, and all the living things upon it. All this; but if he would have her as his Queen. He refused, for he could never love her as his heart belonged to another.

The Elfin sorceress, in a blind rage, reached into his chest and drew out his heart. He could only watch as she turned it to glass and threw it on the ground, shattering it into a hundred pieces, before calling upon the Great Wind, ordering him to scatter the shards across the world. The Great Wind did so, vowing under threat to never reveal their location.

She had vowed to the Fairy King that he would never love again, for if she could not have his heart, then no one would.

The Fairy King mourned the loss of his heart and love, whom the sorceress, as her final act of jealousy and rage, had stolen away, never to be seen again. Though he searched the world over, he never found the love of his life. He did, however, find almost all the pieces of his heart, the last piece he learned was with his human lover, and vowed to find it. Then the two shall be together again and his heart would be whole.

******

The old woman smiled down at her grandson, who had fallen asleep to her bedtime story.

"Sleep well child."