Chapter: Two

' indicates mind-link  '

***

Jungkook flopped against the wildly growing grass as Taehyung allowed them to stop for a rest. He didn't know how long they had been traveling but he knew very well that they were nowhere near their destination. However, they were now out of Wisterra Forest and he was glad for that. He looked to Taehyung who sat on the ground. His arm was draped across a knee and in his finger he twirled a blade of grass. He was staring off into nothing, but Jungkook saw from his eyes, he was most likely thinking of his long lost lover.

"What was he like?" Jungkook asked suddenly, startling Taehyung.

He himself had nearly forgotten that the boy was there. He looked to him as he now lay on his side propped up on an elbow, head resting in his hand. His free hand once again tucking his cinnamon locks behind his ear. Taehyung felt his fingers itch to feel the silken hair for himself. To see if it felt exactly as he thought it felt. It reminded him all too well of his lost prince. Forcing himself to turn away, Taehyung cleared his throat.

"What was 'who' like?" he asked, hands starting to pull up single blades of grass.

"What was the prince like?"

"I couldn't believe that he was real. I didn't think he could be human, he truly had to be a gift from the heavens."

"Was he?" Jungkook asked, always interested in a love story.

"He truly was. Though he was human, he was an angel. A true love given to me by fate itself. Death itself tried to take him from me, but I wouldn't allow it, no one could separate him from me."

"But someone did."

Taehyung nodded, "The Elven sorceress Nefarah," he spat, hands ripping the grass from the ground in large clumps, "An evil, black hearted creature. Selfish, jealous and much worse. She had always had her eyes set on me, but I could never love her. Beautiful she is, but her heart is ugly. Besides, I had my prince and to me that meant I had the world."

"How did you meet?"

"The first time I saw him was in a vision. He stood in a beautiful garden surrounded by flowers in bloom." Tae said wistfully. "And though he had yet to be born, I already loved him deeply. I still remember Fate's words...The truest of love Fate as chosen for thee-"

"...is a boy born of swan and king."

Taehyung's eyes widened at the boy's words. How could he know this?

"My grandma would often tell me the story of the King's Swan, it was a favorite of mine. I didn't know your story connected to theirs.

Jungkook watched the Fae look down at him and he sat up slowly.

"I don't believe I learned your name." Taehyung said, now off topic, "Do you care to tell me?"

"Oh, sorry." Jungkook apologized with a smile, "I'm Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung's eyes widened at realization of the first name to pass from Jungkook's lips, his dark brown eyes resting upon the boy. This human boy shared his true love's name.

******

Nefarah, now dressed in a deep blue gown, swung the ruby given to her earlier by her servant, Rama. It was most definitely a shard of the Fae King's heart. What was bothering her was that she had no clue as to how that damned boy had received it. She had to know. The Great Wind had been loyal. He hadn't revealed the location of the shards. Unless he had, with that being his reason for going into hiding. She would find out soon enough. Now she waited for the arrival of another. She knew he had arrived as she heard the cooing from the window. Her eyes turned to find the amazingly white dove perched on her windowsill.