CHAPTER SIX

chapter six - the 'L' word
pairing : Dwayne Hoover x gn!reader
warnings : this might be cringey idk😬
word count : 1k

🌻

    After that alarming experience, everything had calmed down, until Richard had passed a road you were supposed to take.

"Okay, there it is- Redondo Beach, 46." Sheryl said as she pointed something out in the distance.

"It's 2:15, might be a few minutes late." "Richard, they said 3:00 sharp, they were very explicit. We can't cross these people, trust me."

You didn't bother listening to their bickering. Instead, you watched Dwayne take the eye test Olive had brought from the hospital. He motioned the answer with his fingers.

"Mom, Dwayne has 20/20 vision!" Olive exclaimed in shock, making you and Sheryl smile.

"I bet he does." You said nudging Dwayne with a cheeky smile. He just looked out of the window to avoid showing you his reaction, but he couldn't hide from Frank who was watching him with a knowing smile on his face.

"Okay, now I'm going to check to see if you're colour blind." She said as she flipped the page over. "What's the letter in the circle?" Olive asked as she pointed at the letter in the circle that was visible to her.

Dwayne had his arm crossed as he squinted his eyes. He shook his head.

"No, no, no. Inside the circle. Right there, see?"

Dwayne still shook his head, you furrowed your eyebrow's in confusion. Frank turned to look at Dwayne.

"It's an A, can't you see it? Right there." Olive was trying her hardest to make Dwayne see the letter.

He took the leaflet from her, bringing it closer to his eye.

"It's bright green." Frank said. "Oh man."

You shared a look with Frank and looked away, realising why Dwayne couldn't see the letter.

Dwayne picked up his notebook from beside him and started to scribble something in it.

'What?' The note read as he showed Frank. Dwayne looked at you noticing the expression on your face, you certaintly weren't jolly.

Frank sighed. "Dwayne, I think you might be colour blind."

Dwayne shook the notebook, emphasising his confusion. You swallowed the lump that began to build up in your throat.

"You can't fly jets if you're colour blind."

Dwayne paused, leaning back slightly, then looking out the window doing a double take looking at the door handle. He began tugging on it, wanting the door to open. He punched the door, you tried pulling him back by his shoulders, but to no avail, he began kicking the door.

Frank warned Richard and Sheryl. "I think we need to pull over!"

"Dwayne!" You cried out.

He felt like he couldn't breathe. He felt a strange feeling in his stomach, the feeling wasn't good at all. His head was pounding, a hundred thoughts passing as soon as they came. Dwayne just needed to get out of the van, everything felt too tight and claustrophobic.

"Pull over!" "I'm pulling over!" Richard and Frank argued as Dwayne began shaking the seats with you still trying to calm down.

"Dwayne please!"

Dwayne was full on panicking, even hitting the ceiling in hopes of it breaking so he could get out, although he knew that was impossible.

"Dwayne, sit down." Multiple voices were heard trying to calm down down.