Chapter 2

Red stood outside Chuck's door the next morning. He hesitated before ringing the doorbell. Sure they used to be childhood friends, but Chuck had left him to seek fame. "Sorry, but I got bigger fish to catch know what I'm saying? All those ladies are out there waiting for me."

And then he left, just like that.

Red could never forget that day. He squeezed his eyes and shook his head rlly tight. He hopped about on the spot in frustration. But he really needed his help.... If he was going to win Crystal over, he would need help from Chuck.

Finally, after hovering his wing finger over the doorbell, he pressed it. 

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG

"Well helloooooo there!" Chuck opened the door and greeted him with a smile. He was wearing a bathrobe and sipping some wine (some of which had spilled into his golden sunset dappled feathers. Then his face dropped. "Well, if it isn't my old pal Reddie boy!!!" Red stood shocked. Did he not remember the events of that night? He brushed it out of his mind. 

"Hey Chuck look um... I need your help. You're good with women right?" He asked quickly, face blushing over a pink shade.  Chuck guffawed. "Um, I am the BEST I was titled Most Wanted and by "most wanted" I mean "most wanted womaniser" on the whole island! I am a criminal of some sorts you could say ehehe. Anyways, what do you need help with, smooching?"  He suckered up his lips and Red screamed.

"NO NO NO NOT WITH AGH WOULD YOU STOP NO AGH CHUCK." He drove daggers into Chuck with his doe rose eyes and Chuck faltered, a single sweat bead forming on his cheek. He took a deep breath in. "I just got rejected by Crystal Shimmer...."

Chuck gasped, "You?!? With Crystal SHIMMER!??!?! NEVER! YOU DID NOT JUST ASK HER OUT DID YOU??" Red rolled his eyes. "Ummm yes I did, anyways could you help her maybe look my way again, you know... grab her attention?" His eyes drew down to his exposed pecs shining through his bathrobe and he flit his eyes back up again quickly. "Anyways, I will pay you for your troubles."

Chuck booped his nose playfully. "Fine then, but only if I get to name my price after the deed is done. After all, I have everything a man could have from living a life of luxury and hot babes!"

Red hesitated but knew he was willing to do anything to date Crystal Shimmer. "Ok Deal. What's the plan?"