Chapter 3

Red was out at a milkshake bar, wearing his best hat and beach shirt. He was sweating buckets. He knew Crystal Shimmer was going to be here since he was a mega fan but he thought he'd come here someday with her. 

NOT WITH CHUCK. 

Chuck cooed at him and twiddled the milkshake straw between his wing fingers. "What's the matter sugar? Take a sip, I don't bite." He was wearing a summer dress and choker chains to be fair, Red found it hard to focus on the woman bird with Chuck in front of him. This is a pain... why did he dress so hard for the part he grumbled. 

Chuck had proposed the day before to be his fake boyfriend in order to make Crystal jealous. "Will this work...?" Red asked. Chuck scoffed, "This had worked all the time with me! Do you know how many lips this sexy boy has touched?" He oointed at himself. Red winced. Had he kissed the entire island? "After a few dates around her, she'll coming running for you before you know it." He winked. Red hoped it would work. 

And it kinda did. The more he interacted and let Chuck spoon feed him, the more Crystal kept on glancing her way. "Aw, aren't you cute babe?" Chuck smiled grabbing his elbow. As chuck nuzzled his arm, Red looked over at Crystal. She was looking their way! He managed to hold eye contact with her before she rolled her eyes and looked away. Red couldn't stop smiling.