seven

A few hours had passed since Su-hyeok was separated from the group. Everyone was sitting in separate gatherings, trying to comprehend the situation were in. I was still extremely nervous about my best friend. I knew that he can fight, but still. He was alone out there with god knows how many zombies.

I still sat next to Wu-jin and Joon-yeong, who where trying to convince Dae-su to not go outside to find Ha-ri.

Ha-ri is Wu-jin older sister, she's a senior. The moment the Jang siblings transferred to our school, Dae-su became close with Wu-jin and developed feelings for Ha-ri.

A small smile on my face appeared, watching my good friend Dae-su having a mental breakdown because his best friends older sister.

„But she needs my help!" Dae-su cried out, letting out a big disappointed sigh.

„Shut up!" Wu-jin yelled back, smacking the back of Dae-su's head. I began to crack up, as even Joon-yeong joined me, while Dae-su didn't look very pleased. His face made us laugh even more.

However, soon enough our laughter was interrupted, „I-sak... Why are you so cold?" I heard On-jo say as I leaped up and headed to my best friends.

„What is wrong?" I took I-sak's hand and held it to my cheek... oh it's actually really cold.

„Your hand is really..."

I-sak glimpsed at On-jo and me with a harmless look on her face, „What about my hand?"

Her hand is cold just like Hyeon-ju's... no.
No, no, no, no, no. This can't be...

I peeked at my best friend, as my eyes widened. I couldn't accept what I just saw. I-sak's nose was... It was bleeding.

„I-sak... What's wrong? Are you-"

„I wasn't bitten! I swear I'm not one of them!" I-sak made an effort to convince us, while wiping the blood from her nose.

I stood in front of my best friend, understanding that my life will never be the same again. I couldn't loose I-sak.

First Su-hyeok and now I-sak? No, no, no, no, no.

„What is wrong?", Na-yeon piped up, „Did you get bitten?"

„I said I wasn't!" I-sak shrieked at Na-yeon and ran to the mirror, studying her reflection very carefully.

All gazes were on her, while she scanned her face in the mirror. Her eyes widened at the sight of her own face. Her eyes were bloodshot and her nose was bleeding nonstop. She seemed unbelievably terrified.

„Hey. Are you okay?"Gyeong-su carefully placed his palm on I-sak's shoulder but she ignored him. She was still staring at her reflection like she couldn't believe she was really bitten.

I-sak turned in our direction, the same horrified look on her face.

„On-jo, Y/N..."

„I-sak."

Shehad a hard time finding her way to us, because of her shaking legs.

When she stood in front of us, I carefully took her shaking hand, interlacing it with mine. I knew this would be the last time I would be able to hold her hand. A tear rolled down my face, again.

Man I'm crying a lot today.

„No right? Im not, right?" I felt more and more tears rolling down my cheeks as I pulled her and On-jo, who was struggling not to cry, in a tight hug.

„I'm not. I'm not one of them."

Both On-jo and I couldn't take it anymore and started to cry.

„What are you doing? Get her our of here right now!"